It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 am 

And Jodi only said she wanted the death penalty when it didn't matter. Her "survivor" t-shirts were a testament to her self absorbed brain.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:59 am 

What's your opinion of how this will go - any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:30 pm 
ADMIN

A Week In Review for the Jodi Arias Penalty Phase
The Trial Diaries
October 26, 2014 by

The day had finally arrived, opening statements for the Jodi Arias retrial were finally upon us. With the courtroom filled to the brim with reporters and spectators the Jodi Arias hype was still very high. With the trial not televised or streamed the reporters have a hard job Tweeting this trial to everyone’s satisfaction, and I have to say it’s no easy job. The good thing is most already have seen the testimony and evidence so Tweeting this trial is like explaining it all over again in a condensed version. The emotions the Jodi Arias trial still resonate for supporters on both sides are very powerful and intense. I have to say this trial has definitely put all that are reporting on it in a precarious position of being attacked and praised all at the same time. I myself have experienced both, and the attacks become unsettling and sad when reporting on a man that was murdered, and woman trying to stay off of death row become a dangerous job. This trial will always be a trial like no other and I will see it to the end.

Opening statements in the Jodi Arias retrial kicked off last week on Tuesday. Kirk Nurmi was up first to tell the newly impaneled jury what to expect from the defense team and Jodi Arias herself. Kirk Nurmi addressed the fully engaged jury to tell them that Jodi Arias was a girl that suffered a childhood of physical and emotional abuse from her parents. He added she was beat, pushed into furniture and not shown much love.

...more at link
http://thetrialdiaries.com/a-week-in-re ... lty-phase/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 am 

Sorry Wroughead I was rushing to head out of town yesterday.

I have no idea how it is going to go. Jurors are fickle. My best guess is a hung jury which will result in an automatic life sentence. My second guess is the death penalty if it is an unbiased and educated jury, it should be a slam dunk death sentence in my opinion, but humans, even those who agree to the death penalty in theory seem to be wary of being the go ahead vote for ending a life even a life as heinous as Jodi has lived. I don't think the jury will decide on a life sentence. So death or hung jury is my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:53 pm 

Well you know Carmelita, these days I think juries don't have a major problem for the most part, on the death sentence, which personally, I think applies here.

We don't have the death penalty here in the UK since 1965, there are pros and cons, I feel so long as there is absolutely no doubt as to a person's guilt and pre-meditated, then it should be death.

But, it would not surprise me if it was a hung!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:59 pm 
ADMIN

Cathycourtchatter
Here we go again!!! Judge dismisses for lunch BUT holds juror #12 back, clears courtroom. #jodiarias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:47 pm 

HMMM! SHOULD SHE NOT BE DISMISSED?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:00 pm 

Hi Wroughead and Rumpole,

What do you think the sentence will be? I think that the dismissed juror and now the next one on the ropes is indicative of minds made up before the jurors stepped into the courtroom. I wish we knew why this juror has been singled out, if it is another Jodi friendly juror then we may have a jury made up of folks that might not be afraid of doing their constitutional duty and signing on the dotted line. (I think I am tired I just spelled line "lign" :Gslap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:45 pm 
ADMIN

Prosecutor #JuanMartinez plays police interrogation videos of #JodiArias in her sentencing retrial Monday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:31 pm 
ADMIN

Trial continues today...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:03 pm 
ADMIN

Cathy@courtchatter
Court is dark tomorrow in #JodiArias, pre-planned day off. State has rested. Defense will begin Thurs morning.

Jeffrey Evan Gold@jeffgoldesq

State rests sort of. As to underlying crime. No court tomorrow. Thursday Nurmi begins on Mitigation. Juan will then rebut.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:37 am 

I don't care how much you think Jodi Arias should get the DP, Juan Martinez is an obnoxious troll lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:11 pm 

karmady wrote:
I don't care how much you think Jodi Arias should get the DP, Juan Martinez is an obnoxious troll lol

What makes you say this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:11 pm 

I remember those interviews, we saw them at the first trial I'm pretty sure. I certainly saw them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm 

Hi Karmady, Wroughead and of course Rumpole :rose

I am a big Juan fan what don't you like about him, Karmady? I think Juan has the patience of a saint.I think Jodi's obvious willful manipulation is why Juan was so sharp with her. I really think Jodi is just a malicious butcher and that Juan was meticulous in his cross exam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm 
ADMIN

Attorneys to begin making case to spare Jodi Arias' life
Published October 30, 2014
Associated Press

PHOENIX – Lawyers for Jodi Arias will begin making their case Thursday that the convicted murderer should be spared the death penalty for the brutal 2008 killing of her former boyfriend.

Prosecutors spent about a week portraying Arias as a callous killer who attacked former boyfriend Travis Alexander in a jealous rage after the victim wanted to end their affair and planned a trip to Mexico with another woman.

Arias has acknowledged killing Alexander but claimed it was self-defense after he attacked her.

...more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/30/at ... rias-life/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 pm 

Arias has said it was self defence previously. I don't think it ever was, ask me if I think, he used her as and when he felt like it ........oh yes most certainly he did!

I think her attack on TA was of a very vicious kind, brought on by her extreme anger, overkill too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm 
ADMIN

Jodi and all the gang just had long session in chambers. Speculation (I agree) that it is about her taking the stand (or not)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:55 pm 
ADMIN

Steve Krafft@SKrafftFox10
#JodiArias trial on hold. Judge wants to clear media out of courtroom and have us watch it in public viewing room downstairs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm 
ADMIN

Cathy@courtchatter
Looks like she's going to testify. "#JodiArias seated. She seems to have put a black blazer/long sleeve on over her top."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 63  Next