It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:35 am 

Rumpole wrote:
I dont Really want one.. but I bet there would be a market for Stabby Einstein sex toys :eek

And I dont want the butt plug if I have to go in and retrieve it myself

:lol way too funny - i think we should insist you do just that.

Now I've been thinking - and you're right, any sex toys used by this lady, or with this lady's consent will get a high bid on Ebay. :63

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:36 am 

See what effect she has on men - the lawyer has become old in less than a year - hope he's getting well paid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:46 pm 
ADMIN

Jen's Trial Diaries@TrialDiariesJ

Juan has on a navy blue tie today, navy jacket.

#jodiarias jingled jangled her way into court

A death threat letter was sent, threatening Nurmi, Willmott, Nancy Grace, Mrs Mitchell

Nurmi doesn't want it under seal. Juan does.

Juan says asking Judge to intervene in this matter is inappropriate. Judge agrees and it will go under seal

A sealed hearing is now going on. We are out of courtroom now #jodiarias

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm 
ADMIN

Jen's Trial Diaries@TrialDiariesJ

Jury instructions still need finalized and will be on Friday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias media motion denied

Media for the local stations in Arizona filed a motion asking that they be allowed to show video of the re-trial of the penalty phase thirty minutes following the end of each court day. Judge Sherry Stephens has DENIED that motion.
You can read her ruling here.

Jury selection begins September 29 and is expected to take at least two weeks. The judge has ruled no video will be shown until after the verdict. Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Travis Alexander, the jury was unable to reach a verdict in the death penalty phase. That phase is being re-tried beginning next week.

Posted by Court Chatter at 6:24 AM

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/09/jod ... l?spref=tw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 pm 
ADMIN

MaryEllen Resendez@maryellenabc15

#JodiArias smiling in court 2day -next hearing (Closed of course) Friday 9/26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:23 pm 
ADMIN

The Jodi Arias Retrial is Around the Corner
Jen's Trial Diaries, September 22, 2014

Jodi Arias was back in court today for an oral argument that was a little overshadowed by the breaking news about camera coverage of the retrial. Early this morning Judge Stephens ruling hit the minute entries stating that her original ruling would stand despite the media’s plea’s to reconsider. The public will have to wait to view the retrial until after the verdict has been rendered but media can tweet and use social media to connect the public to this high profile trial. I for one will be having lot’s of Spreecasts after court to get everyone up to speed, along with blog posts, social media, and guests to make you feel like you’re there!

As for the hearing, not much transpired really. Jodi Arias arrived extra jingly and jangly as she made her way quickly to her seat. Her hair was bouncy, and she smiled quite a bit knowing the camera takes still photos I suspect. Jodi still whispers to Jen Willmott and Maria De la Rosa as she ignores Kirk Nurmi like he’s Juan Martinez. In fact, Kirk might as well schooch on over to the states side, he’s clearly just a talking head as Jodi still doesn’t like him 10 out of 10 days! Some things remain the same as Juan Martinez is still the snappiest dresser in the courthouse and Nurmi with his new look still can’t pick out a decent tie! Jen and Maria are always colorful and both now redheads. All are ready to roll and we did learn some new information today. We got word of a new witness for the State by the name of Vernon Parker. With some research from a sluethy Facebooker it could be a Mormon Bishop out of Riverside, California. We will have to wait and see, but that actually sounds logical…much more than a politician from Arizona. It will be interesting to see what this witness has to say, and fascinating to find out even more twists in turns then we did the first time round.

....more at link

http://thetrialdiaries.com/the-jodi-ari ... he-corner/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm 
ADMIN

#JodiArias defense files motion to preclude State's witnesses - NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE WITNESSES CONTAINED IN THE "NOTICE OF POTENTIAL PENALTY PHASE WITNESSES" FILED BY THE STATE ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2014

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm 

You know, just looking at Arias talking in that picture with one of her 'dream team', she does not look like a woman who has/was/is on trial for her life. She looks happy and content, if that's the case in real life, one can only ponder the fact that she doesn't think she's done anything wrong, and is happy with being in the limelight, which I've always thought was the case, even during her trial when talking about when she was with Travis Alexander, I thought she seemed to like to be in the limelight when out and about with him, and in private.

There's just something about her whole persona that unsettles me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 pm 
ADMIN

Yes. Wroughead. But it really makes no difference to me if she is in pris for life or dead. In fact on death row she will prob keep popping up for years. I'd have been happy if they just gave her LWOP when jury hung on DP. Be happy if Judge could do that now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:11 am 

Fingers crossed that justice is done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:20 am 
ADMIN

As far as I know this trial is ONLY about DP or not?

So for me the outcome does not matter. The long build-up and all the shenanigans and now the circus of a trial and HUGE cost seem a bit of a waste.

So.. not sure what to hope for and cross fingers? The actual details of the crime are awful, yet the interest for most (me included) is the circus-like behavior of Jodi. And the Juanettes do love to see Juan in action.... and for some Gals(and perhaps some guys) there will be Dr Horn!!! lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:36 am 

It is a simple sentence trial, pop Jodi or an automatic life sentence if the jury can't agree on the death penalty.

I hope for the death penalty because Jodi would be in isolation rather than getting the attention she so craves and sining in prisoner sining competitions. Whether the Alexander's will ever find some peace seven with a death sentence is yet to be seen, but it is what they desire, certainly that moron Jodi tweeting via whatever mope is tweeting for her, selling her glasses, making "art", all has to further the agony of the Alexanders.

And you can count me as a Juanettita :)

Gota run :28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:14 pm 

Yes, I think whichever way you look at it, I too am hoping it's the death penalty, there's little doubt in my mind because of the particular nature of the killing, it should be the DP.

Carmalita, I agree with you. I saw a documentary on the Arizona women's section of death row a couple of years ago - it's no picnic and I'm sure too that during the summer months when it is so warm, the male section has air con - while the female does not - so it would have been very uncomfortable for all of those women on death row, and in solitary - which I hope she gets. She's getting way too much attention.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:16 pm 

It sounds like an interesting documentary.

I think Jodi is somehow happy as long as she manipulating someone and getting attention.

I think she's earned the death penalty by the heinousness of her crime, her lack or remorse or accountability, and her vile accusations against Travis. Quite a piece of work. I will try to watch some of the trial but I have a full week coming up :(

Does anyone know if there is a protected time frame ? I imagine Jodi will try and be in the spotlight for as long as possible. Nurmi and Wilmott truly have the client from hell. A woman so dull (or vain) as to think she could invent a story about skateboarder's who turned her license plate upside down while she was getting a (green tea?) or some other such nonsense. Yet Jodi is always certain that she is the smartest person in the room.

I watched a very small amount of the trial but I do remember one of Wilmott's mitigating factors for leniency was because Travis died relatively quickly he therefore did not suffer long. I was embarrassed for her.

I think maybe Nurmi went on a hunger strike trying to rid himself of Jodi as a client.

Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:24 pm 

I know we are going by what the post mortem revealed, but I think he suffered quite a bit of the prolonged attack - though certainly dying quickly when his throat was cut - so awful way to go, then she used all of her strength to drag him all the way to the shower and pushing his lifeless body in that stall - would not have been easy, anger strength is what i'd call it, she used it to get him to that stall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 am 
ADMIN

Jury selection begins in Arias penalty retrial
Monday - 9/29/2014, 6:56am ET
BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press

PHOENIX (AP) -- Jury selection is beginning in the penalty retrial of convicted murderer Jodi Arias, as prosecutors again seek a death sentence in the Arizona case that became a tabloid TV sensation.

About 300 prospective jurors will report to the courthouse in Phoenix Monday, with more to come if an impartial panel cannot be found among the first group. A previous jury deadlocked on punishment.

...more at link
http://wtop.com/209/3711475/Jury-select ... ty-retrial

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 am 

Well there can't be many people in Arizona who don't know about this case. Mind you, it's surprising how many people in the States don't know what's going on in their own state, let alone the state next to them, but with the publicity this case has received over the years, even I would be astounded if any juror has not heard of it.

I don't understand the American system of jury selection anyway LoL so what else is new.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:40 am 
ADMIN

Hi Wroughead.

Jurors don't have to be totally unaware of case, in fact people that out of touch would NOT be good jurors. They need to convince people that they can make an unbiased decision based on what they hear. It kinda works?

This trial is quite different, not sure how it will work out, because they have to be told she has already been found guilty of M1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 am 
ADMIN

Key Details in the Penalty Retrial of Jodi Arias
PHOENIX — Sep 29, 2014, 6:28 AM ET
By BRIAN SKOLOFF Associated Press

The murder conviction of Jodi Arias will stand, but she is returning to court Monday for a second penalty phase to determine her punishment for the 2008 killing of her ex-boyfriend. A new jury will decide if Arias is sentenced to death. Here are some key things to know about the case:

...more at link
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/key- ... s-25828326

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next