It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:15 pm 

In addition to the above story, there (probably) will be no trial, there is a plea deal in the works for Ruben Ebron.

A plea deal was discussed Monday afternoon as JSO were searching for the remains of Lonzie Barton.

The Judge delayed signing the plea until -- confirmation that the remains found are indeed those of toddler Lonzie Barton, and details on the child's manner of death.

Ruben Ebron is to plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter, with an expected sentence of 15 to 20 years.

The next scheduled hearing is January 19.

(The mother Lonna Barton was also charged with child neglect and providing false information to police. She pleaded guilty last week and agreed to testify against Ebron.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm 
ADMIN

Danish teen fought off her attacker - now she'll face fine
Published: 26 Jan 2016 15:34 GMT+01:00

A 17-year-old girl who was physically and sexually attacked in Sønderborg will herself face charges for using pepper spray to fend off her assailant.

The teenager told police that she was attacked in central Sønderborg on Wednesday at around 10pm by a dark-skinned English-speaking man. She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.

The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker, but now she may be the one who ends up in legal trouble.

“It is illegal to possess and use pepper spray, so she will likely be charged for that,” local police spokesman Knud Kirsten told TV Syd.

The case has sparked a backlash among some Danes who point to increasing reports of sexual harassment in Sønderborg and other Danish cities at the same time that police say they are stretched too thin to properly carry out their duties.

Numerous readers wrote in the comments section on TV Syd’s story about the incident that they would be willing to pay the girl’s fine, which will most likely be 500 kroner.

The man who attacked the 17-year-old fled from the scene and has not been charged.

Sexual assaults have been in the news in Sønderborg recently after several women in the town reported earlier this month that they sometimes feel harassed by the aggressive behaviour of some male asylum seekers and refugees at the local asylum centre.

It is not known, however, if the assailant in this latest incident was an asylum seeker or refugee.

...more at link
http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/danish- ... -face-fine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:18 am 

This story is frustrating to read. What a crazy law to not be able to defend yourself with pepper spray. :(

I read a few more articles on the page that were also disturbing. Not a place I would like to visit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:47 pm 

I've often wondered about this case. Sounds "cut & dry" with the POS wanting to plead GUILTY! nope :Q44

Oklahoma Man Says He Wants to Plead Guilty in Beheading
By Tim Talley, AP | ABC News | February 11, 2016

A man charged with beheading a co-worker with a butcher knife at an Oklahoma food processing plant told a judge Thursday he wants to plead guilty to a first-degree murder charge, but the judge refused.

Instead, District Judge Lori Walkley entered a not guilty plea for Alton Nolen, 31, who is charged with murder and assault and battery with a deadly weapon in connection with the September 2014 attack at the Vaughan Foods plant in Moore.

At Nolen's formal arraignment, he said he wanted to plead guilty in the case, District Attorney Greg Mashburn said.
[...]
Defense attorney Mitch Solomon questioned whether Nolen is mentally competent to enter a guilty plea, Mashburn said. Walkey said she wanted to give Nolen and his attorney more time to consider their next step, so she and entered a not guilty plea on Nolen's behalf.
[...]
In October, a judge found Nolen mentally competent to stand trial, rejecting defense attorneys' claims that Nolen was intellectually impaired. And he was ordered to stand trial last month following a preliminary hearing where three employees at the food processing plant provided graphic testimony about the attack, including how Nolen apparently grabbed Hufford, placed a hand on her forehead and sliced her neck with a butcher knife.

More at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arra ... g-36857738

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:43 am 

6 Killed, 2 Injured in Shootings in Kalamazoo, Michigan
By David Chiu | ABC News | February 21, 2016, 9:24AM

JASON DALTON, 45

Police in southwestern Michigan arrested a man suspected of opening fire randomly throughout the area, killing at least six people and injuring two others.

Kalamazoo police arrested Jason Dalton early Sunday in connection with the shootings, Kalamazoo County prosecuting attorney Jeff Getting said at a news conference Sunday. Dalton has not yet been charged but was expected to face murder charges, said Getting.

While police previously reported seven people had been killed, Getting said only six had died and two others were severely injured.

"They thought she was deceased -- she wasn't," he said. "Call it miracle, call it what you want, but she's alive now."

Police said Dalton, 45, opened fire in at least three different places late Saturday, including outside some town homes, a car dealership, and a restaurant. Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas said Dalton had brief conversations with his victims before shooting them at point blank range.

More at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/killed-multipl ... d=37091364

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 pm 

AS TO MOLLY'S POST:

I wish myself or another trained handler of a handgun had just happened to be close to this guy when he opened fire on others. This is the type of thing that just enrages me. He deserved to be gutshot and left to bleed out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:44 am 

Another mass shooting, no longer trending. DailyMail says 4 dead, 30 injured. This just seems to be the norm lately. :(

Three dead plus shooter after Kansas shootings; up to 18 injured
By Melanie Eversley | USA Today | February 25, 2016, 11:08PM EST

Three people have died in a series of shootings at three sites near Hesston, Kansas, including a lawn care products factory, authorities said Thursday night.

The alleged shooter also died after a confrontation with law enforcement at the Excel Industries plant, Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton said during a Thursday night news conference.

Up to 30 people were hurt, according to various reports, and seven of them were hurt critically, Walton said. The shooter, an employee of Excel, was armed with a long gun and a handgun, the sheriff said. Police received the first call shortly before 5 p.m. local time and the shooter was dead by 5:23 p.m., he said. The company employs 1,000 people and about 150 of them were on the job at the time, according to Walton.

More at link (video & photos): http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016 ... /80954886/
-------------------------
eta: link to news conference

Shooter identified as Cedric Ford, 38, black male employed by Excel Ind. He was shot and killed by police.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Poli ... 90361.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:50 am 

5 dead in Wilkinsburg mass shooting; Gunmen still on loose
By WPXI.com | Updated: March 10, 2016, 7:30AM

WILKINSBURG, Pa. — Five people are dead and three people are hurt after a mass shooting in Wilkinsburg Wednesday night, Allegheny County Police said.

Emergency dispatchers confirmed that police and seven ambulances were called to Franklin Avenue just before 11 p.m.

Authorities said four women and one man were killed. Three of the women and the man were pronounced dead at the scene. The fourth woman was pronounced dead at UPMC Mercy hospital.

More at link: http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/mul ... ing/nqhGQ/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 pm 

This happened about a week ago. Relatives are now talking to news station. There is an ongoing investigation.
You can't make this stuff up! :roll

How Else Was ‘He Gonna Get His Money?’: Relatives Outraged After Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
By Carly Hoilman | The Blaze | March 16, 2016

A Miami woman shot and killed a teenage home intruder last week, authorities said. Now, relatives of the teen are saying she acted unjustly and should be prosecuted.

Trevon Johnson, 17, burglarized the home of a 54-year-old old woman last Thursday, according to Miami-Dade police.

The woman told police that she was not home when the break-in occurred, but her surveillance system alerted her that there was an intruder. She said she rushed home and found the teen climbing out of a window.

“She observed a subject leaving the home through the rear,” police Detective Dan Ferrin told WFOR-TV.

A confrontation then took place, according to police, and shots were fired. Police said they were on scene seconds after the shooting and performed CPR on the teen. Johnson was then rushed to the hospital where doctors pronounced him dead.
[...]
“I don’t care if she have her gun license or any of that. That is way beyond the law … way beyond,” Johnson’s cousin Nautika Harris told WFOR. “He was not supposed to die like this. He had a future ahead of him. Trevon had goals … he was a funny guy, very big on education, loved learning.”

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris continued. “You have to understand … how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point of view.”

More at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03 ... y-suspect/

Post subject: Another Trevon?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 am 

Hood culture?

Post subject: Re: Another Trevon?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:19 am 

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” Harris continued. “You have to understand … how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point of view.”

Relatives told WFOR they don’t believe Johnson stole anything from the woman’s home, but detectives would not confirm that.

He was probably there looking for an astronaut suit, maybe he even left a mint on her pillow, poor baby :roll .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:32 pm 

This is how we roll in my the little town. I love the "perp walk" from the jail to courthouse hearings. And the two protesters. :) Small world, I went to high school (same grade) as Judge Walther and DA Palmer.

I followed this trial and hope Riordan doesn't get a new trial.

http://sanangelolive.com//news/county/2 ... in-riordan

Post subject: Move
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:37 pm 

Rumpole,
The video you posted at CTH this morning is a hood rat from my area. Baton Rouge is our state capital, about an hour from me. I started to post it here a couple days back, but didn't know if anyone was interested. My best friend is part of LE there. She works the night shift patrol and that is her beat. As soon as I saw the video I called her. Of course, she is always telling us the things she deals with there and this is just typical. There was a suicide by cop on her patrol in February. It was by grace she was on another call when that one came through. Two officers were shot, but recovered. We are ready for my friend to get out, but it is in her DNA to do this dangerous job. There is video of the suicide by cop . I am going to see if I can find and post.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:54 pm 
ADMIN

Thx, Showpoodles... I had forgotten what vid at CTH... but I see now and will post it here as well.

I posted it at CTH because it involved Trump.. but of course it is also relevant to crimes and the growing Thug culture.

If you have more info, or links to articles, or vids etc.. please post here. If there is need I may create a thread topic that covers this stuff.

Man Threatens to Kill Donald Trump - Afraid Food Stamps Will Be Taken Away

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:22 pm 

:wall :wall :wall :wall

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:09 pm 

Calvin Smith, 22, on probation for 2014 conviction of sex w/13 yo girl. He was residing in Baton Rouge w/his mothers god-daughter. The event originated with 911 call of someone damaging property. Police arrived and he led them on 2 mile chase to home where he was residing. He bailed and began firing. Semi auto large caliber weapon. Both P.O. 100% recovery. Suspect dead. By the grace of God my best friend was on another call. Investigation revealed suicide by cop.

Dashcam/Bodycam Shows Police Shootout In Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:44 pm 

I miss Court TV and the people who worked there.
(Rumpole, please move if this is in the wrong place. THX) :)

20 Most Outrageous Courtroom Moments

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:48 pm 

Michael Madison is a serial killer from Cleveland, OH. On May 20, he was found guilty of three counts of murder (2012-2013) and the jury recommended death. But it was up to the Judge to decide the sentence.

The murders were brutal, he dismembered all the bodies and put them in trash-bags. The youngest victim was an 18-year old, last seen leaving her summer job at an elementary school. This happened when her father got up to give his impact statement on the day of sentencing last week.

Victim's Father Jumps Serial Killer Michael Madison in Court 06/02/16

The Judge gave Madison the death penalty on all three counts. But here is the problem with this serial killer's sentence being carried out.

The Pfizer/Execution Drug Story is so political, I won't even go there ... but here's a bit of info from a Cleveland.com article on December 30, 2015
Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio—Almost a year after Ohio switched lethal-injection drugs – and almost two years after the state's last execution – state prison officials have been unable to find someone willing and legally able to sell them new supplies of the drugs.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking. Gov. John Kasich has already delayed resuming executions in the state by another year, until 2017, so officials have more time to procure either sodium thiopental or pentobarbital.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:57 pm 

Prosecutors dismiss all charges against Ingmar Guandique, man charged with 2001 slaying of federal intern Chandra Levy. Found "new evidence"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/us/charges-dropped-in-chandra-levy-murder/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:42 pm 

Hate to say this, but gonna say it anyway. I hope the recent unforeseen developments that were investigated over the past week, has connections to Gary Condit. I always thought he was a part of it.

We shall see WHEN they release more info. :roll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next