It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:11 am 
ADMIN

JonBenét Ramsey’s brother to reveal ‘shocking’ details about her death to Dr. Phil
Posted 3:37 pm, August 1, 2016, by Anica Padilla, Updated at 03:46pm, August 1, 2016

BOULDER, Colo. -- It has been almost 20 years since JonBenét Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in her parents' home in Boulder.

Now her brother, Burke, is speaking publicly for the first time about the unsolved death. Burke, 29, will speak with Dr. Phil in an exclusive three-part interview, the show's producers announced Monday.

The interview will reveal "shocking, never-before-heard details about one of America’s most talked about cold cases," according to the website.

"After 20 years, it’s finally time for answers," the website said.

The three-part season premiere airs Sept. 12, 13 and 19. JonBenét 's parents reported her missing on Christmas Day 1996 after finding a note demanding a ransom of $118,000.

The 6-year-old beauty queen was found about eight hours by her father, John, in the basement of the home. An autopsy revealed she had been beaten and strangled.

Her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, consistently maintained they had nothing to do with the death. Though the Ramseys were never named as suspects, they were the focus of a grand jury, which first convened in September 1998.

Thirteen months later, the grand jury revealed it would not indict anyone in the death. They swore not to talk about the case in which they heard from dozens of witnesses and considered 30,000 pieces of evidence.

It was later revealed the grand jury decided to indict JonBenét 's parents, but then-Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter did not sign the indictment. It was sealed for years.

Hunter said there was not enough evidence to file charges against Ramseys and it would be unethical to pursue a court case against the couple if prosecutors did not believe they could win the case.

Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer in 2006.

In 2008, then-Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy wrote a letter to John Ramsey, saying new DNA evidence had cleared him, his wife and son. She formally apologized for the cloud of suspicion the Ramseys lived under for years.

"We believe at this point it is unlikely there will ever be a prosecution," Boulder police said in 2008.

...more at link
http://kdvr.com/2016/08/01/jonbenet-ram ... o-dr-phil/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 am 

I can't imagine what Burke has to add to what happened, but I'll be watching. :D Sounds like a bit of sensationalism but Dr. Phil deserves it. I used to watch him religiously. Reading the article made me wonder if John is still dating Natalee Holloway's mom, but looks like he got married again to a young gal in 2011.

Thanks for the heads up on the show. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:52 pm 

The last video show the POS's arrest. Enough of this stupidity! :(

Father charged in hot-car deaths of 15-month-old twin girls
By Johnny Clark, AP | MSN.com | August 5, 2016

CARROLLTON, Ga. — A father charged with manslaughter Friday in the deaths of his 15-month-old twin girls had been drinking before he left them in a hot car in west Georgia, police said.

Witnesses heard screams and saw Asa North running as he carried the toddlers from the parking lot in front of their home to an inflatable pool out back. Neighbors joined him, frantically trying to revive the girls with water and ice packs.

But they were already unresponsive, and soon were declared dead at a nearby hospital.

Outside temperatures were in the 90s on Thursday before police were called at 6:34 p.m. Investigators were trying to determine how long the girls remained in the parked car, but it would take only a few minutes for the heat to become unbearable.

"We do believe alcohol is involved," said Carrollton police Capt. Chris Dobbs, who identified the girls as Ariel North and Alaynah North. "We do believe the father, sometime throughout the day, he had been consuming alcoholic beverages."

North, 24, is charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of reckless conduct, Carroll County jail records show. Police were awaiting the results of blood tests to determine his alcohol level. It wasn't immediately clear whether he had a lawyer who could be contacted for comment.

The girl's mother was at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta at the time, visiting her sister, who had been in a serious car crash Wednesday, Dobbs said.

"I guess he forgot about the kids and left them in the car," said Donnie Holland, the twins' uncle. "He should have took care of them kids better than that, what he did. He should have never been in the house asleep. He should have got the kids out of the car the time he got out of the car, you know."
[...]
The girls are the 25th and 26th children to die this year in hot vehicles, more than double the number by this point last summer, said Janette Fennell, president and founder of KidsAndCars.org, a group that tracks such deaths each year. By this date in 2015, 12 children had died in hot cars, Fennell said in an email Thursday night.

More at link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fat ... ?ocid=iehp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 pm 

Hearing today, August 16, 2016.

Aaron Hernandez’s lawyer doesn’t know his name during double murder hearing

His new lawyer:

Spoiler:
Jose Baez :Gslap

And this is Linda Kenney Baden sitting next to Hernandez. :eek

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.2753826

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:33 pm 

Good Samaritan killed after helping 2 South Carolina teens pull SUV from ditch
By FOXNEWS.com | August 17, 2016

Two South Carolina teens were arrested on murder charges Monday after allegedly killing a Good Samaritan who helped the pair pull their vehicle out of a ditch.

WCSC-TV reported that Deon Frasier, 17, and Michael Dupree-Taylor, 19, were denied bond Tuesday after they were arrested at a North Charleston apartment.

According to a North Charleston police affidavit, the two teens asked the victim, identified as 45-year-old Chadwick Garrett, to help them pull their 2016 Dodge Durango out of a ditch. Witnesses told authorities that Garrett agreed to help the pair with their SUV for $20.

Authorities said that after Garrett helped the pair pull the vehicle out of the ditch, Garrett asked Frasier and Dupree-Taylor about the $20 when Frasier took out a gun and allegedly fired several rounds and struck Garrett in the chest.
[...]
Investigators said that Dupree-Taylor had confessed to being at the scene of the shooting, while Frasier confessed to being the gunman that shot and killed Garrett.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/17/go ... ditch.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:19 pm 

Raw: Video Shows Suspect Breaking Handcuffs

North Las Vegas, Nevada police showed video of a homicide suspect twisting and muscling handcuffs until they broke, and then climbing out of a police interview room last Friday. Perez was re-arrested on Tuesday. (Sept. 8) AP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 pm 

So I am curious about forum members opinions on this case:

BONNEVILLE PROSECUTOR RELEASES FINDINGS OF CHRISTOPHER TAPP REPORT

Quote:
This investigative agency reviewed the entirety of the Tapp investigative file, and comi proceedings, as well as reports and opinions generated by an advocacy group. Review of the investigative file included among other things an analysis of the investigation itself, including crime scene documentation and analysis, witness interviews and specifically the interviews and polygraphs of Mr. Tapp, as well as review of evidence and testimony presented at various comi proceedings.

To date, Bonneville County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has paid $35,889.32 for this independent review.

The Bonneville County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has now received the report of S. Robinson and Associates analyzing the investigation and conviction of Christopher Tapp.

News Article Links:

http://www.localnews8.com/news/investigative-report-on-christopher-tapp-case-released/41585280

and

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/09/bonneville-prosecutor-releases-findings-of-christopher-tapp-report/

The full report is available here:

http://assets.eastidahonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/08173225/redacted-Investigation-Report-by-Stuart-Robinson.pdf

I am not familiar with the case and am doing research now to catch up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 pm 

Sorry WKC I'm unfamiliar with the case.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:32 pm 

WKC, I will read the report a bit at a time, it sounds interesting.
Sorry, but my cognitive skills are bad at times, especially at night, may take me a while. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:38 pm 
ADMIN

There is an (apparent) LOT of detail... as there always is when you try and pick even a seemingly simple case apart.

Not sure what the point is.. other than convicted people ALWAYS maintain they are innocent... have no shame about churning through legal expenses. Looking for procedure "loopholes" rather than disputing the actual general facts of a case.

I might have a more complete opinion if I saw a SUMMARY of what the case was all about.. and what the perp's specific complaint is?

ETA
I see there is NO DOUBT that Tapp was present during the RAPE AND MURDER.

So... he deserves to be in prison.

Spoiler:

This is a case from 1996. :eek

There are MILLIONS of dindus who all want to be let out of prison. That is what dindus do!!

NOT confirmed by DNA... but I am not sure it makes sense to retrospectively apply DNA analysis... I think there has been a rush to use the DNA excuse to let bad bastids go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 am 

Thanks Rumpole. That is what I was trying to decide if it was just another last ditch effort to get less time behind bars. The more I research and read the more it appears that is exactly what is going on here.

Thanks also to Molly I did not mean to bury you in documents like that. I will see if I can put some links with a summary of the case together I found quite a bit on it last night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:54 pm 

More of a summary just watch the video :)

http://www.localnews8.com/news/investigative-report-on-christopher-tapp-case-released/41585280

Just a case that I did remember reading about at the time but never paid much attention to. He is just trying to get out early. I think at this point it deserves a shoulder shrug, hence:

v0v

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:00 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
JonBenét Ramsey’s brother to reveal ‘shocking’ details about her death to Dr. Phil
Posted 3:37 pm, August 1, 2016, by Anica Padilla, Updated at 03:46pm, August 1, 2016

...more at link
http://kdvr.com/2016/08/01/jonbenet-ram ... o-dr-phil/

Watching the JonBenét Ramsey special and I can't believe the lies that they are pushing. And the opportunistic vile human beings who are making stories up out of thin air.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm 

I hope John Ramsey sues the pants off of these vile people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:17 pm 
ADMIN

Are you talking about the Dr Phil stuff... or something else Carm?

I gave up on Jon Benet case years ago. Whodunnit?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:25 pm 

I've read the autopsy report probably a dozen times, read the book written by the Ramseys, read some of the "Patsy is a psycho killer" stuff, read John Douglas' opinion that there was no way either Patsy, John or Burke harmed Jonbenet, tonight I'm watching 4 nutters talk about the case. Absolute idiots. Making outlandish claims that have been debunked by science and investigate research.

Just very frustrating to hear them yammer on unopposed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:45 pm 

Rumpole imagine the general public as the WS crowd and the Boulder PD as Nel. There you have the mentality that has surrounded the Ramsey case. I read that the series was supposed to be 3 parts and part 3 won't be aired. I suspect John Ramsey put the fear of a defamation lawsuit in them that would make their eyes bleed.

Here is some of the shit that passes for stellar detective work.

Patsy says "We need an a-police" in 911 call. I think she almost said "ambulance".

Also the lead asshole said he definitively heard Burke on the 911 tape because he wore really really good headphones. Funny that, since the best noise reduction, voice isolating, state of the art equipment didn't pick up any human voice where the hate the Ramsey crowd "hears" Burkes voice. Imagine the ear witnesses in the Pistorius case multiplied by 1000.

Very frustrating. I do hope Ramsey eviscerates them in a lawsuit.

I could go on but it is all just nonsense.

:59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 pm 

A tweet took me to an article that pointed to this article, updated yesterday. The actual shooting took place May 29, 2016. No protests, no rioting. I really don't understand the excessive shooting involved. They fired 143 times. :roll

Man was shot 14 times at Clinton Burger King parking lot, autopsy says
By CBS NC, AP | Published: August 3, 2016, Updated: September 26, 2016

CLINTON, N.C. (AP/WNCN) — An autopsy report says a man who was shot to death in late May by North Carolina police officers after pointing a shotgun at them had 14 bullet wounds.

The Fayetteville Observer reports that the autopsy showed 53-year-old John Mark Coffey’s wounds included gunshots to the head, shoulders, neck and torso.

At the time, Clinton police said officers went to a Burger King parking lot after a 911 call from someone who said a man asked him to call police.

Police Chief Jay Tilley says officers spoke with the man for 20 minutes, then fired at Coffey when he opened his door pickup truck door and pointed the shotgun at police.

Police saying eight officers were involved in the May 29th incident, with seven of them from the Clinton Police and one with the NC Highway Patrol. The Clinton officers are still on administrative duty.
[...]
Tilley says Coffey was white. The races of the seven officers, who remain on administrative duty, weren’t released.

More at link: http://wncn.com/2016/08/03/man-was-shot ... opsy-says/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:17 pm 

Investigators have not determined a motive. :doh

Suspicious device prompts evacuations in Colorado town
By The Associate Press | October 12, 2016

NEDERLAND, Colo. (AP) — Authorities are studying pieces of an explosive device that was left in a backpack in front of the Nederland Police Department.

Police marshal Paul Carrill says a detective found a backpack outside the building when he began his shift Tuesday morning. He brought the bag inside and found what appeared to be an improvised explosive device.

Two robots searched the backpack, and multiple pieces were removed from the device. The pieces were sent to the forensics lab in Boulder.

Carrill would not say whether police know the backpack's owner. Investigators have not determined a motive.

Source: https://apnews.com/23be4787f3874c1cb335 ... orado-town

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:41 pm 

2 dead, 3 others hurt in shooting at FreightCar America in Roanoke
By Web Staff, WHSV3 | October 25, 2016

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) The man who opened fire at FreightCar America on Tuesday morning has been identified by Roanoke police.

Investigators have identified 53-year-old Getachew Fekede as the shooter. He is from Kenya.

Police say he shot and killed one person and injured three others before killing himself. One of the victims has been released from the hospital. Another victim is in serious condition, and the third victim is in good condition.

Roanoke police say Fekede fired around 10 rounds from a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun.

Fekede last worked at FreightCar America in March. He arrived at the building by bicycle on Tuesday morning, police say.

Fekede came to Virginia in 2011 as part of a refugee program.

Police believe the shooting was an isolated attack.

More at link: http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Shooti ... 17061.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next