It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 am 

Yes it is a transforming show. That is why at first I didn't want to learn about the actors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:27 pm 

I saw it. So many creepy scenes! I thought that farmer who found Norman was a goner. Funny that he was knocked out so easily, considering.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:48 pm 

What a way to start the day, eh? Crazy man on your property yelling at his nonexistent mom and then he tries to attack you :cool The farmer probably still put in a full day :77

In my Norma is really the most interesting character, everyone's world would be entirely different if she wasn't a lost soul nut job. Not that Norman wouldn't have a defective brain but perhaps if he was not Norma's sole world and had the benefits of an early intervention he would would not be a "danger to himself and others."

:smoke

Looks like a good season to me so far. I was happy they picked up right at the end of the last season with Alex still having to dispose of Bob's body and face the consequences of his love(?) lust (?) enchantment(?) for/with Norma. And what does Norma say, "I'll sleep with you, is that what you want.?" like she is trading a chicken for a bucket of potatoes. Poor Alex.

Mal Emma seems to be doing well so here is hoping her and Dylan escape. I'm afraid Norman is going to label her a "dirty whore" when he fights out about her and Dylan's romance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:26 pm 

I agree Carm. I think Norma's parenting has made Norman worse. That Administrator/Doctor at the Psych ward really made it clear how negligent she has been. (Although I think it was really that she was afraid all of their secrets/killings would come to light.) Now she has no choice to get him treatment.

Poor Alex indeed! I wonder if he's done with Norma already!

I really hope Emma and Dylan escape too, but I don't think anybody is going to be left standing when the show ends next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 pm 

Hi Mal & Carm :69

As I said last year, Norma doesn't deserve Romero but the writers are gonna make us want him to want her (again) .. imo. All her rejection has done a number on him (as in real life) and these are my favorite scenes. ;)

like she is trading a chicken for a bucket of potatoes
:Gslap "Ok, I'll sleep with you, I know you are attracted to me." was so condescending to Alex. She took him for granted last year. :(

They sure did fill the part of Emma's mother to a T. I thought she looked just like Emma. Emma/Dylan will be so interesting what they do with it. :) Yes Carm, when Norman finds out, he will flip. I hope he meets someone he falls for in the Psych house.

I've got to watch again to see what Romero put in the secret opening in the brick floor. I think the journal Bob had. I see where Caleb is a full-time character this year. He is actually very nice looking IRL. :D

I liked the ending .. I know this sounds morbid. So happy Emma is okay. Wish her dad would be more grateful to Dylan tho, show more gratitude at times. But what creeps me out are the N/N kisses .. :eek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:08 pm 

Sorry about all the typos in my last post :98

Poor Alex indeed! I wonder if he's done with Norma already!

I think I read that Alex has a love interest other than Norma this season.

I hope he meets someone he falls for in the Psych house.

Ha! I hadn't thought of that. He probably will and Norma will cut it short saying "those people" are crazy :roll

Let me know what Alex put in the wall I thought it was money but likely I am wrong.

I think Emma's pop might get whacked, there is someone in a plaid shirt that gets killed and it could be him, I'm sure Emma's bunny and the letter from her mum will get Norman in some type of deep water.

And poor Emma's mum imagine she died while being screamed at about what a terrible mother she was, which she already was living with terrible guilt over.

At least Norma was real warm (not) toward Emma's mum before psycho strangled her to death.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 pm 

I didn't see any typos!!!

I think Emma's pop might get whacked

You've seen more promos than I have. Did you watch the new show that followed, that had the Bates' previews? I didn't.

Well, if he does get whacked, I hope he tell's Dylan "thank you" at least once. :roll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:34 pm 

I didn't see the show or previews afterward. I'll see if I can find a clip.

Emma's dad did thank Dylan when he first gave him the money, he is European so he likely does not want to embarrass Dylan by thanking him further :roll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 pm 

This has the plaid shirt but the person is too thin to be Emma's dad and may be a woman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:42 pm 

And just because one should never ignore such beauty. Be still my :heart :heart :heart :heart :69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:42 pm 

Emma's dad did thank Dylan when he first gave him the money

When he took him the $10k in an envelope?, I didn't think he did. OK, I will stop :22

THX for the preview, I'll take a look :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:45 pm 

Gorgeous! :19

I was looking at his sons yesterday. One of them looks exactly like him.

eta: My cognitive skills are shot. I can't see the plaid shirt. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:33 pm 

Molly wrote:

eta: My cognitive skills are shot. I can't see the plaid shirt. lol

Less than a second at the 16 - 17 second mark :69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 pm 

Well fark, I blinked and missed it. ;)

Thanks, Carm!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:29 pm 

Hi Molly & Carm! :28

Posting and watching...

It is so disturbing to me that Norman is having flashbacks of himself as "Norma" and thinks that his mom Norma is the one doing the killing.

Did your hearts just melt when Romero said
Spoiler:
He' going to marry Norman's mother! :Q17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:41 pm 

Hi Mal :28

This episode is VERY disturbing .. where is Emma's mother's body? lol :eek

YES! to the spoiler Q .. every scene he is in! ;)
-------------------

eta: This hour has flown by.

I've got every light in the house on, and my TV brightness increased! :Gslap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:49 pm 

Each scene is more disturbing than the last! My heart almost stopped during the
Spoiler:
gun
scene. :94

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 pm 

Me too, Mal! I am worn out after watching it. Such outstanding acting tonight tho.

Will save some thoughts until Carm gives the green light that she's seen it. lol

I've got this next show on mute, glancing for the Bates' previews to come on. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 am 

HI guys! Sorry I was in Chicago Monday night for the Hawks game, we lost 5 - 0 :( , so I've been playing catch up on everything.

What a great episode! Norma is a nutter, I think we are going to find out some dark stuff about her past. She has zero coping skills.

Watching Norman's transformation is just flat out creepy :smoke

Norma kissing Norman :94

Psycho is an apt destination.

I am disappointed in the Emma/Dylan story line her transplant is wholly unbelievable, I hate when good writing takes short cuts to "get on with" the story. The writing is fantastic otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 pm 

Hi Carm :28

So glad to see you back here. :)

I agree re the Emma/Dylan parts, totally, it seemed to be put back on the burner in this episode with that fast recovery as you said.

I think I mentioned ... the kissing IS creepy. :eek

Going to watch it again over the weekend. Always see something I missed. And you were right, Alex hid money in the wall. I can't believe what he is doing for Norma and she is STILL taking him for granted. IF they do get married, I'm afraid Alex will discover Norma is as crazy in bed .... as out.

I'm still busy moving. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next