It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bates Motel
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:31 pm 

Hi Molly and Mal :69

I hope Highmore wins an award for his transition in the Good Doc's office.

I really liked last nights episode :cool What was meh, for you Molly?

I especially liked Chick coming back to get revenge on Caleb.

Emma and Dylan have become boring filler in my opinion, they both are caricatures of the complex characters that they started out as being, this naive puppy love stuff given their life stories is bad writing :doh . (Boy have I become an crotchety goat :Gslap ) Marry them off and send them out of town. (Not to mention once again how poorly her transplant story was written :roll )

I want to move on to Norma, Norman, Romero, and the doc for right now. Poor Jules! At least Norman may not kill him now that he is catatonic so he has that going for him :roll . the writers have done something pretty incredible in that I'm hoping they end the series on a note of hope with Norma still alive. I know that is not what Psycho is about but it is a pre-qual with many liberties already, so I am going to hope :77

I hope Chick and Norma have an all out war and she ends up burying him in the pool. It sure isn't Dylan's fault that Caleb beat the shit out of Chick. Chick is a great character IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:52 pm 

I really liked last nights episode :cool What was meh, for you Molly?

I don't know specifically, there weren't any surprises to WOW me, if I can figure out things before they happen, then I see it as sorta plain -- 'cause I am a little slow and can be easily fooled. :roll I thought it was a good episode, going to watch a 3rd time. Yes, the transformation in the doctor's office was brilliant, THAT almost fooled me, thought Norman was gonna make a pass at the doc.

The thing about Chick (yes, he is a great actor, a fave from last year) and his threats to Norma, is -- all she needs to do is tell Alex, right? Can't remember if Alex knows Caleb is a duncle.. if not, that COULD be the problem.

AND, I thought Dylan & Emma's story was the best for them so far this year. The only thing is -- I almost looked up to see what a lung transplant scar looks like. I don't wear my driving specs to watch TV (I should) but her scar looked like Mardi Gras beads to me. :26 LOL at your suggestions to end their story-line, so funny and true.

I hope Chick and Norma have an all out war and she ends up burying him in the pool.
:Gslap
Yep, that pool has its purpose. No one was killed last night. Which brings me to the end .. LOVED IT! Alex admitting to Norma about Bob seals their marriage IMO. They have something else in common. :D

Interesting hearing the doc talk to the investigator, finding out about the victims and how their murders were kinda, sorta solved. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm 

Hi Molly and Mal :69

Also no big surprises for you :63

I thought Norma was really visiting Norman :roll

You made me look up lung transplant stitches :95 and there is a fella with similar stitches, though Emma's looked like a zipper smile :98 I am just bored silly with Emma and Dylan.

I don't think Norma has told Alex about Caleb being Dylan's dad so who knows what little gremlins are consuming her mind when it comes to Chick knowing about it and the crazy dynamic that will present for her and Romero's relationship. Likely Norma will say, "You need to kill this guy Chick" And Romero will respond "Wait, what? I just can't kill people Norma." And Norma in her childlike belief that their is someone who can right her world will respond, "Of course you can! You're the sheriff! You killed Bob Parish and he was a much more important person than Chick, I mean have you seen him, his knuckles probably drag by the end of the day. How hard can it be. You know never mind, I'll do it myself. I think we should have apple pie for dessert, what do you think. Nah maybe Spumoni........Alex?"

Norman needs to get out of the bin soon :98 . I wonder who Norma is screaming at? Who could ruin her life? So many people. I thought Norman but now I'm not so sure.

:smoke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 pm 

I forgot ALL about Norma screaming in the previews. :eek

I have no idea. No, not Norman .. when he gets out and back home she will have his head back in her bosom and won't let go.

Maybe Caleb comes back next week. This is the only person I can think of that has supposedly ruined her life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:24 am 

I think Norma is really enjoying not having Psycho Boy around and being Mrs. Romero. When Norman gets out he is going to threaten that, which is possibly the first real happiness and peace Norma has known in her life. Norman will of course see Romero as enemy # 1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 pm 

I missed it. Gotta watch it later. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:59 pm 

You missed it :cry it is a :eek :smoke :eek :smoke

They were all terrific.

Romero is just so beautiful. That is all I'll say :heart :heart :heart :heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:07 am 

Just finished watching. :eek Missed just a portion when Chris called. :roll He has started watching, midway through Season 3.

My mind is not functioning to comment (yet) except to say it was one of the BEST this season. Just when I didn't think Norman could get any better. Previews look good too!

I hope your week started out good, Carm! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 am 

Yep, I thought it was one of the best also. Do you think the hairs on the back of the good doc's neck stood up when Norma/Norman threatened him :smoke

Vera needs to win an award for her acting, poor Romero when she went after Chick :eek What did she call him? Some kind of asshole :Gslap

Good week so far, never made it down to IL :roll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:24 pm 

Glad to read your week started good, Carm. :)

What did she call him? Some kind of asshole :Gslap

Giant Lame Asshole :77 Yes, phenomenal acting in this episode.

I can't decide in the previews for next week .. the scenes of Norma and Alex are REAL or in Norman's head. Either way .... :heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 pm 

Giant Lame Asshole :91 Yes that was it!!! Terrific line :77 I would go to a Cruz rally just to call him a "Giant Lame Asshole!" :Gslap

And yeah, Norman is going to no likely Mr. Romero sharing a bed with his mummy.

Creepy, creepy story line that was shared to show some of why Norman becomes Psycho.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:53 pm 

Hi Ladies,

I wasn't into the last few episodes, although I enjoyed both romances. But this week's episode was great. I wonder if Dylan will discover that Emma's mom was killed and who did it? How will he react?

I'm really glad Romero didn't freak out about Norma's past. He really loves her. :Q17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 am 

Hi Mal,

I wonder what will happen with Emma's mom's storyline also. I thought it was a great episode also but I've liked all of them. I really hope that Emma and Dylan move to Seattle and are never heard from again as in they get their happy ending.

Poor Romero I can't imagine things ending well for him, but at least he and Norma have some joy in their lives. Maybe a first time for both of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:28 pm 

Hi ladies!

I finally watched this week's episode online last night. :)

One of the best so far. The several "surprise" things written in were brilliant. Norman surpassed his intense acting scenes several times (imo) in this episode.

My husband started watching Bates and got through S3. I thought "Oh good, we'll have something to talk about -- show-wise.) He told me last night that Norma reminds him of me. I asked "What, the hair?" (I wore mine like that for years) and he said "No, the crazy." :roll

:69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:11 pm 

:28 Hi Molly.

I thought it was a great episode too. There's only a few more this season and the previews look great. I can't wait for the next episode!

Your husband: :lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 am 

Hi Mal!

I'm happy you saw it and thought it was good too. When I watched online, it doesn't give you the previews at the end, like on TV, so I need to go and look. I'm sure it's at the A&E site. Didn't really think about the preview for next week until today.

After Carm chimes in, I'll say a thing or two - specifically! ;)

So good to see you here. :77

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:20 pm 

Sorry ladies! I had an unexpected visitor and took about a week long hiatus from non essential computer/internet.

What a great episode though! Norman is certainly becoming a more unpleasant character as he is manipulating. I really hope he doesn't kill Romero.

It looks like Julian survives to live out his life in the nutter bin. Norman was such a little bitch to him.

Creepiola Norman drilling a hole in the wall :smoke

I can't wait to see tomorrows episode!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:24 am 

Hi Carm, I knew you'd make it back when you got the time. Have missed you. Hope you are doing good and relaxing.

YES, Norman at the table with Julian is what I wanted to mention. THAT was very much showing his confidence in what he KNOWS he is capable of doing. Manipulating the doctor, crying to his "Mother", leaving the psych ward, leaving J behind ... yet J was savvy enough to plan the earlier escape which is odd.

OMG, can you believe the writing -- how Norman found out about the marriage. That dang decoupage dog, like the stuffed one in Norman's room. Creepy, but very clever writing.

I haven't seen the previews so didn't know about Norman drilling a hole in the wall. :Gslap

Made me mad Alex is going to give his money over to Norma .. the insurance was enough. Norma is going to make Alex second to Norman and I sort of wish the banker lady had not left.

And then there is Emma's mom. I better go find the preview.

:69

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:29 am 

Hi Molly :69

I hadn't thought about Jules being competent enough to plan his escape I'll attribute it to being on his meds and the power of $$$. Did they ever mention what he was diagnosed with?

Yep, Norman is really becoming unlikable for me, he is competent enough to manipulate soon some level he is aware that he needs to lie to achieve his goals.

Poor Romero stuck in the Bates Bin.

Emma and Dylan have become a side note so they may escape :heart

Will still don't know who was being buried in the pre seasons previews, all I know is the person is wearing a plaid shirt.

I agree that it is great writing :77

Previews for tonight show show Norman confronting Norma about sharing a marital bed with Alex and Norman being a bitch and telling Romero that he can now divorce Norma.

Fuck you Norman :41

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:26 pm 

LMAO! :Gslap

Oh noes on the preview. Still haven't gone to look, I will :)

I forgot all about the body being buried. :eek

Hope your week has started out good Carm, yours too, Mal! :77

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next