It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 pm 
ADMIN

H/T Coreshift at nettles blog......

George Zimmerman trial witness John Good interviewed
BKS1RadioEnt
April 26 2014.

http://bks1radio.com/index.php/live-in- ... athan-good

Jonathan Goodwill be joining the vocal booth team to answer your questions and discuss his new book.“The Reluctant Witness: How the Tragic Event Between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman Changed My Life”.

The book is available on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Reluctant-Witness ... nt+witness

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.......

“IF I HAD A SON” – Jack Cashill discusses his examination of the Trayvon Martin case on C-Span’s Book TV
Posted on April 27, 2014 by ytz4mee

Independent journalist Jack Cashill discusses his examination of the Trayvon Martin shooting/George Zimmerman case (“If I had a son: Race, Guns and the railroading of George Zimmerman”) at a forum held at the Platte County Resource Center in Kansas City, Missouri and televised on C-Span’s “Book TV”.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... s-book-tv/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm 

Good evening friends......

Since Eric "Fast N Furious" Holder refuses to do his job and tell the Traycult bobbleheads the case is closed I have filed an FOIA request with the FBI for everything the FBI has between April 1st 2012 and May 1st 2014. I asked them for additional documents specific to the FBI's activity since the not guilty verdict. If the FBI cooperates and releases the documents I am more than happy to share and ask that someone please get the word out to the Tree Folk that this information is in processing and I am more than willing to share.

http://i.imgur.com/vRmBUQo.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 pm 
ADMIN

Well done Dave..... though who knows if you will get them to cough up?
But I do sincerely admire your efforts in making the request :give

I copied your post to CTH, with a link back here :cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:16 pm 

much appreciated.... which thread at the treehouse?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 pm 
ADMIN

DOJ Announces Intention To Data Mine For Disparate Impact – Goal: Arrest Less Black People – Holder Uses MDSPD and Trayvon As Example…
Posted on April 28, 2014 by sundance

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... s-example/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 am 

Need to read again and in more detail but my understanding is sundance and the other treeper are incorrect in their opinions. The burden is on the FBI to prove a compelling need to continue witholding information

DOJ Seal
Freedom of Information Act Guide, May 2004

Exemption 7(A)
The first subpart of Exemption 7, Exemption 7(A), authorizes the withholding of "records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that production of such law enforcement records or information . . . could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings." (1) The Freedom of Information Reform Act of 1986, often referred to as the 1986 FOIA amendments, lessened the showing of harm required from a demonstration that release "would interfere with" to "could reasonably be expected to interfere with" enforcement proceedings. (2) The courts have recognized repeatedly that the change in the language for this exemption effectively broadens its protection. (3)

Determining the applicability of this Exemption 7 subsection thus requires a two-step analysis focusing on (1) whether a law enforcement proceeding is pending or prospective, and (2) whether release of information about it could reasonably be expected to cause some articulable harm. (4) The courts have held that the mere pendency of enforcement proceedings is an inadequate basis for the invocation of Exemption 7(A); the government must also establish that some distinct harm could reasonably be expected to result if the record or information requested were disclosed. (5) For example, the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has held that the fact that a judge in a criminal trial specifically delayed disclosure of certain documents until the end of the trial is alone insufficient to establish interference with that ongoing proceeding. (6)

It is beyond question that Exemption 7(A) is temporal in nature and is not intended to "endlessly protect material simply because it [is] in an investigatory file." (7) Thus, as a general rule, Exemption 7(A) may be invoked so long as the law enforcement proceeding involved remains pending, (8) or so long as an enforcement proceeding is fairly regarded as prospective (9) or as preventative. (10)

Although Exemption 7(A) is temporal in nature, it nevertheless remains viable throughout the duration of long-term investigations. (11) For example, in 1993 it was held applicable to the FBI's continuing investigation into the 1975 disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. (12) Even when an investigation is dormant, Exemption 7(A) has been held to be applicable because of the possibility that the investigation could lead to a "prospective law enforcement proceeding." (13) The "prospective" proceeding, however, must be a concrete possibility, rather than a mere hypothetical one. (14)

Further, even after an enforcement proceeding is closed, courts have ruled that the continued use of Exemption 7(A) may be proper in certain in-stances. One such instance involves "related" proceedings, i.e., those instances in which information from a closed law enforcement proceeding will be used again in other pending or prospective law enforcement proceedings -- for example, when charges are pending against additional defendants (15) or when additional charges are pending against the original defendant. (16)

Another circumstance in which the continued use of Exemption 7(A) has been held proper involves post-conviction motions, i.e., those instances in which the requester has filed a motion for a new trial or has otherwise appealed the court's action. (17) The extent of protection in such a circumstance, however, varies; some courts have limited Exemption 7(A) protection to only the material not used at the first trial, (18) while other courts in some cases have extended Exemption 7(A) protection to all of the information compiled during all of the law enforcement proceedings. (19)

Similarly, Exemption 7(A) also may be invoked when an investigation has been terminated but an agency retains oversight or some other continuing enforcement-related responsibility. (20) For example, it has been found to have been invoked properly to protect impounded ballots where their disclosure could "interfere with the authority of the NLRB" to conduct and process future collective bargaining representation elections. (21) If, however, there is no such ongoing agency oversight or continuing enforcement-related responsibility, courts do not permit an agency to continue the use of Exemption 7(A) to protect information. (22)

The types of "law enforcement proceedings" to which Exemption 7(A) may be applicable have been interpreted broadly by the courts. (23) Such proceedings have been held to include not only criminal actions, (24) but civil actions (25) and regulatory proceedings (26) as well. They include "cases in which the agency has the initiative in bringing an enforcement action and those . . . in which it must be prepared to respond to a third party's challenge." (27) Enforcement proceedings in state courts (28) and foreign courts (29) also qualify for Exemption 7(A) protection. http://www.justice.gov/oip/exemption7a.htm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 am 

The dilema with the concept of "ongoing investigation".... DOJ has already publicly said the equivalent of CASE CLOSED

http://imgur.com/Yil5nvl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:50 am 
ADMIN

IANAL :)

And I certainly would not argue this point... I would seek an opinion(s) from somebody with legal expertise.

I guess "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".

Since you have made the FOI request we'll get to see what the reaction is.

It does seem to me that they COULD refuse to supply info and you would have to challenge that... could be a long (and expensive) process if they chose to dig their toes in... which they may well do. I mean...... it is sheer "bloody-mindedness" for them to pursuing the "investigation" in the first place, and so that may well apply to complying with a FOI request.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 am 

You have to be blind and stupid to not realize that what they are doing is "terrorism" of a citizen. No one should have to endure the "not knowing" that you could be back in jail as a result of someone's revenge, and it could happen while you are sleeping.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:40 am 
ADMIN

Quite right Jordan.... and a good excuse to plug the piece I did for renewsit's blog...

George Zimmerman is a victim of Government terrorism

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/01/george ... im-of.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 am 

I will post it wherever I can but isn't this already posted at CTH and Annette's blog?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 am 
ADMIN

Thanks Jordan, but yes, I did post a link at CTH and Nettles when the blog was published.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 am 

I agree with everything you fine folks have said. I live just a short ten minute walk from the US District courthouse and If they refuse the FOIA i may fight it a bit. Either way it works out in favor for our side because we will have tangible documentation of domestic terrorism against an american citizen to appease the racial grievance industry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 am 
ADMIN

It is worth a shot, kingkazpur... so long as it's not costing you... keep at them. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:18 pm 
ADMIN

Former friend, supporter of George Zimmerman has change of heart
By John W. Davis, Reporter
Last Updated: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 10:51 AM

Image]

SANFORD -- A man who once called George Zimmerman a friend, speaking out in support of him before and during his lengthy trial, now says he’s had a change of heart.

George Zimmerman’s former neighbor and fellow neighborhood watch volunteer says he wants to clear his conscience.

Frank Taaffe says he now believes Zimmerman should have been found guilty in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

He was once one of George Zimmerman’s most outspoken advocates, but now former neighborhood watch volunteer, Frank Taaffe says his opinion about Zimmerman’s not guilty verdict has changed.

"What I know of George and his tendencies and also my opinion is that he racially profiled Trayvon Martin that night because if that had been a white kid on a cell phone, walking through our neighborhood, he wouldn’t have stayed on him the way he did and that’s a fact and I believe that in my heart," said Taaffe.

This is very different from what Taaffe told News 13 numerous times after the shooting, including during an interview back in May 2012 when he said, "That George Zimmerman in a position in a volunteer role wanted to ensure the safety of the community he lived in and he became the victim."

But today, Taaffe claims he just wants to clear his conscience, "I can only ask for the country to forgive me and today I believe that he racially profiled him based on the color of his skin. Reporter: Some people may wonder what does Frank Taaffe have to gain by doing this? Are you working on a book? No book. A TV show? No. I’m just working on me right now and getting right with God.”

Taaffe says his brother’s death last month and the death of his two sons over the past two years has changed him.

...more at link
http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... uppor.html

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:22 pm 

Go pound sand, Frank.

Even if you're right, "racially profiling" someone isn't a crime. The first crime committed that night was Martin assaulting Zimmerman, with sufficient force to justify the use of deadly force in self-defense.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:24 pm 
ADMIN

It seems to me that Taaffe has lost the plot.

It is VERY disappointing to read this nonsense. Clearly GZ did (or did not) "profile" TM.. as much, or as little, as anybody would. We all do "profile"... he did only call NEN because he decided that TM looked "suspicious".. but to attribute that to race alone is daft.

And....... so what?

Even "Racists" are allowed to defend themselves when attacked. And I stress there is ZERO evidence that George was in any way racist.

The ONLY way that race could be an issue is if GZ shot TM BECAUSE he was black... so I assume what Taaffe is asserting is that George would have just laid back and taken a beating (been killed) if TM was a WHITE thug? :doh

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:53 pm 

The Taaffe "interview" is another example of sloppy editing.

That Taaffe is changing his tune is news, but that news is presented without context.

This story did not get published without being vetted by an editor or two. To the extent that the reporter did not think to ask a proper follow-up question, or to get a more precise explanation from Taaffe is not just the reporter's responsibility, but the editor's.

As a consequence, plenty of room is left for speculation by interested parties on all sides of the GZ/TM tragedy.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:37 pm 

Hooson1st wrote:
That Taaffe is changing his tune is news, but that news is presented without context.

Why is it news, per se, that Frank Taaffee is changing his tune? Taaffe is not a witness, not a jurist, not a trier of fact. He is in no way directly related to the events.

He's merely a grandstander, and a piss-poor example of an alleged "friend" who has done nothing but promote himself throughout the entire affair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next