It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:43 pm 
ADMIN

Federal Prosecutor Allegedly Made Horrifying Facebook Comments Related To Trayvon Martin
By Erin Fuchs | Business Insider

Associated Press

In this Monday, March 26, 2012 file photo, Andre Parker, of Atlanta, wears a t-shirt in memory of Trayvon Martin.
A veteran U.S. prosecutor in Texas is under fire for allegedly implying on Facebook that Trayvon Martin looked like a criminal, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Assistant U.S. Attorney John Craft made the comments on his private Facebook page in response to a status update that supported "stand your ground" laws, according to the Chronicle. Such laws allow people to shoot intruders even if they have the opportunity to run away.

Here's what Craft wrote, according to the Chronicle:

How are you fixed for Skittles and Arizona watermelon fruitcocktail (and maybe a bottle of Robitussin, too) in your neighborhood? I am fresh out of "purple drank." So, I may come by for a visit. In a rainstorm. In the middle of the night. In a hoodie. Don't get upset or anything if you see me looking in your window ... kay?

....more at link
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-p ... 18852.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 pm 

Special session bid fails, but protest heading into its 2nd month

by John Kennedy | August 14th, 2013
Democrats have failed in a bid to call a special session of the state Legislature to repeal the controversial “stand your ground law.”

Enough Republicans had voted ‘no’ by late Wednesday to scuttle the push for a session which used a never-before-tried poll of lawmakers. Protesters on Wednesday also marked the 30th day of their sit-in outside Gov. Rick Scott’s office demanding the special session, a protest spawned by George Zimmerman’s acquittal in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Although a decision on the session won’t become official until midnight Monday, more than 80 of Florida’s 119 lawmakers refused to endorse the push for a session. Three-fifths support of the Legislature, or roughly 95 votes in favor, are needed under the state constitution.

More... http://www.postonpolitics.com/2013/08/s ... 2nd-month/

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:12 am 

This needs to be on display at Tallahassee, not that evil mural the Dream Defenders are showing whic h depicts nothing but lies.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:10 am 

I agree. But it should have tears flowing out of Dr. King's eyes signifying how he would feel about this whole bruhaha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:15 am 

Thank you, FreeGZ, and thank goodness those legislators had a clue and used it properly! I was pretty annoyed when it was reported the legislature was caving to the extortionate demands of the mob. Appeasement never, ever works. All they'd get is more of the same whenever a mob wants to control the legislature but can't marshal enough votes to control it. Basically, a small mob would overrule the citizenry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm 

New article from Stately McDaniel Manor

Warning: Warning Shots

http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.c ... ing-shots/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:00 pm 

Thanks, flgirl543! A good piece on how/when to use deadly force and the dangers of "warning shots."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 pm 

Big announcement by Dream Defenders...

….drum roll…leaving the capital to start a movement….

“We will be meeting the people where they are!” -@locsoflove ustre.am/11VhV

“Once again politics have failed the people!” ustre.am/11VhV

Julian Bond to @Dreamdefenders: “You are ending a protest because you are starting a movement.”

These people are so full of themselves….I think they mean a "bowel" movement. I am where I am, please don't plan on coming to where I am, thank you. I'm not buying what you're selling.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:48 pm 

There's more...

We have secured a meeting w/ FDLE to examine racial profiling, the DJJ and DOE to review harsh disciplinary actions, and hearings on SYG

Monique Gillum of the @Dreamdefenders; "We will not wait 4 justice any longer..!" pic.twitter.com/yCFQjAynrq

"The totality of our movement is not here!" @PhilUnchained ustre.am/11VhV

"We who believe in freedom cannot rest" ustre.am/11VhV

DRAMA QUEENS/KINGS...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:55 pm 

Dream Defenders end occupation of Capitol

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2013 ... on-Capitol

Quote:
"I'm proud to announce that our work and power has grown too big for these halls. This is the last time I will sleep on this floor. This isn't the last time you will hear from the Dream Defenders. We are indeed leaving the Capitol for our next phase," Agnew said.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:10 pm 

flgirl543 wrote:
Dream Defenders end occupation of Capitol

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2013 ... on-Capitol

Does that mean that offensive mural will go with them?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 pm 

seeing_eye wrote:
I agree. But it should have tears flowing out of Dr. King's eyes signifying how he would feel about this whole bruhaha.

EXACTLY THIS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 pm 

^^^One can only hope.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:44 pm 

Sounds like they're trying to salvage some pride after losing their bid for a special session, to me. Drama queens/kings, indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:05 pm 

flgirl543 wrote:
These people are so full of themselves….I think they mean a "bowel" movement. I am where I am, please don't plan on coming to where I am, thank you. I'm not buying what you're selling.

I don't want any of their "movement" either, ick. I do appreciate that they are finally giving up. I think some people are starting to see them for what they are. :TF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 pm 

This is the best phrasing I've seen on the topic, sorry to all of the terrific semi-finalists above:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Whaaaaaaambulance Alert – Dream Occupiers Leaving The Florida Capitol…..
Posted on August 15, 2013 by sundance

First the FAIL - TALLAHASSEE, Fla. —
Florida’s Republican-controlled Legislature is coming out solidly against a special session to repeal the state’s “stand your ground” law.

The Department of State on Wednesday released a list that showed more than half of the state’s 160-member Legislature has already voted against the idea.

The vote was triggered earlier after 33 legislators asked for a special session in writing. They were urged to do so by the Dream Defenders group, which is upset with the July verdict in the George Zimmerman case.

Under an obscure state law, the written requests required an official poll. A yes vote by three-fifths of the Legislature would have resulted in a special session.

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... a-capitol/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:49 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:10 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:11 pm 

DebFrmHell wrote:

EXACTLY THIS!

I got a reply to the email I sent the artist of the mural. Here it is (can anybody understand it?):

Thank you foryour email, I have the answer for you posting on http://www.peacemural.org
From this web site you can view the Vietnam mural title THE WAR PIECES, the Iraq mural, the child soldier,the immigration mural, the words of peace and many more of this mural which I have created in last 20 years and tours the nationwide from the Capitol in Florida to Washington DC. The American color mural and the paintingWE ALL ARE TRAYVON MARTIN, will be exhibit in Miami in Dec 1st this year when it
will be total completed.
have a good day
huong-peacemural.org

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation/ ... -1.1425448

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53  Next