It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 am 

From NoMatter_NeverMind at TL:

Joseph Flood is the gentleman that Judge Nelson had a hard time getting on the phone at the
George Zimmerman Hearing Oct. 26, 2012

He stated that 'I am appearing on behalf of the city of Sanford and its employees and officers'

This poster can find a link to anything! The Greatest Ever!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 am 
ADMIN

Thanks... of course NOW I REMEMBER.... I have a live thread for hearings and I remember typing his name!! :11

The hearing thread here mentions Flood when Judge Nelson was able to get him on phone.. see also Video of the hearing.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=620&start=80#p16688

(I moderated myself again - moved chat about new members - and your reply Deb)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 am 

Did you or any of you cohorts take a screen shot of the Witness List disclosed by the State "inadvertently?" It seems that the State has screwed up again by releasing things they shouldn't have.

George Zimmerman prosecutor leaks witness names
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 3822.story

There is mention of two black Sanford Community leaders that attended a DOJ meetings a few months ago. I would love to know who they are. I don't remember names, just reading the list.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am 
ADMIN

George Zimmerman Legal Defence Site.
http://gzlegalcase.com/

Update on Media Policy for the Zimmerman Defense
Quote:
on 13 November 2012.

The only post the defense team has made on the GZLegalCase.com website since the State’s Second Motion for Gag Order dated October 18 was an article entitled “Zimmerman Defense Invites Public Scrutiny of Media Policy.” Otherwise, we had effectively suspended our digital media campaign out of respect to the Court while the Second Motion for Gag Order was under consideration.

On October 29, Judge Nelson entered her Order Denying State’s Second Motion for Gag Order, in which the Court states, “Upon review of the exhibits attached to the motions and memoranda and exhibits introduced at the hearing, there has not been an overriding pattern of prejudicial commentary that will overcome reasonable efforts to select a fair and impartial jury.”

We interpreted Judge Nelson’s ruling neither as an endorsement of nor as a concern with our digital media presence. We maintain our position that managing a digital media presence is a necessity considering the high profile nature of the Zimmerman case, especially in light of the intense negative media coverage Mr. Zimmerman received as a result of the relentless, coordinated public relations campaign mounted against him. We will continue our digital media policy as we defined it in our article entitled “Why Social Media For George Zimmerman,” where we identified seven goals for our digital media campaign. Moving forward, we may change the emphasis of our campaign to goals that we have not focused on heavily so far. Should that be done, we will maintain our principle of transparency by outlining those changes on the website.

On June 20, we updated our goals, in regards to Disputing Misinformation, to include posting public documents associated with the case. We received a number of responses to our article “Zimmerman Defense Invites Public Scrutiny of Media Policy” which noted that, while we have been posting some of the public documents associated with the case, we have not posted all public documents associated with the case. The criticism is that by being selective about what we post, we are effectively editorializing with our decision of omission or inclusion.

From now on, we will post ALL public documents associated with the Zimmerman case, including motions filed by the defense and the State, as well as orders filed by the Court. We will file Notices of Deposition; however, we will continue to maintain the previously guarded privacy of certain witnesses, and will not post the names of witnesses being deposed unless their names have been previously disclosed by the State. These witness categories include law enforcement officers and witnesses who have voluntarily disclosed their identity to the media.

Here are links to case documents filed since our last post:

Documents associated with the State’s Second Request for Gag Order
http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/compon ... -gag-order

Documents associated with Discovery Matters
http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/compon ... ry-matters

Documents associated with Depositions
http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/compon ... deposition

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 am 
ADMIN

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
9:39 a.m. EST, November 15, 2012

Prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges in the Trayvon Martin murder case have gone to great lengths to protect the names of witnesses, fearing they'd be hounded by reporters, curiosity-seekers or worse. But lead prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda has inadvertently leaked the names of a dozen witnesses, violating a court order.

It's not clear what will happen now and whether he'll face any sort of sanction or punishment from the judge in the case, Debra S. Nelson in Sanford.

The foul-up happened in a court filing last week.

De la Rionda delivered a new set of evidence to defense attorneys on Thursday, Nov. 8, and as is required, he prepared a summary sheet and delivered it to the Seminole County courthouse.

Normally, he prepares two sets of summary sheets, one for defense attorneys that includes witness names and other protected information, and a second for the public that goes into the courthouse file. It typically identifies witnesses by number, for example witness 17.

But last Thursday de la Rionda filed the summary sheet that included witness names in the courthouse file, where anyone is free to look at it.

It lists nearly a dozen new witnesses. None is expected to be a major figure at George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial. They include several of his neighbors, the physician's assistant who treated him the day after the shooting and two black Sanford community leaders who were at a U.S. Department of Justice meeting several months ago.

Those last two said they were baffled that they were on a witness list and had no first-hand knowledge about Zimmerman, Trayvon or the night of the shooting.

A spokesman for de la Rionda's office did not return an email, seeking comment about the leaked names.

...more at link

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am 
ADMIN

DebFrmHell wrote:
Did you or any of you cohorts take a screen shot of the Witness List disclosed by the State "inadvertently?" It seems that the State has screwed up again by releasing things they shouldn't have.

There is mention of two black Sanford Community leaders that attended a DOJ meetings a few months ago. I would love to know who they are. I don't remember names, just reading the list.

Sorry, no.
I posted links to documents released... but now those links are "dead"

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=195&p=17370#p17024

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm 

OK. Thanks to cache link at CTH, one of the people in question is Andrew Thomas. He is Sanford's Community Development coordinator.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.aspx?page=88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Deb... I just came to tell you the good news... but you have it

State's 9th Suplimentary Discovery
Courtesy of Diwataman at CTH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:22 am 
ADMIN

There has been a bit of troll activity at CTH.

The usual... pretend being calm and asking "serious" questions.. but really inane repetitive nit-picking on irrelevant details, rather than the overwhelming overall. Such people don't seem to grasp the answer even when people take the time to answer them. The troll poster seems to use several names at CTH and is almost certainly an undercover cretin from JQ

One CTH poster took the time to reply at length.. it is worth repeating..
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-244086

In answer to repeated posts by sunnieday7.......

Chip Bennett says:
November 16, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I asked a question that I did not receive appropriate answers to, just excuses.

You were given several credible answers to your asinine question; that you chose not to accept them is your problem, not ours.

I don’t care if screams are not admissible in court, it speaks to George’s credibility in other matters that will be admissible in court, such as his NEN call.

Wrong. Martin committed felony aggravated battery against Zimmerman when he sucker-punched him in the nose (PROTIP: the medical record confirms his nose was broken), and when he got on top of him while on the ground, pinned him there, prevented him from getting up, and pummeled him (PROTIP: multiple witness testimonies confirm that Martin was on top of Zimmerman; EMS witness testimony confirm Zimmerman’s bloodied state).

Till then I have to accept George’s word for it and I don’t think (like the police) his injuries appear life-threatening.

Florida statutes do not require Zimmerman to have sustained life-threatening injuries; rather, Florida statutes require that a reasonable person would fear a threat to life or imminent bodily harm. Zimmerman easily surpasses such a threshold.

I don’t know if his nose was broken.

The medical record in evidence confirms Zimmerman’s nose was broken.

I have to accept George’s word for it…

Yes, you do. And legally, so does the State: because Zimmerman is afforded the presumption of innocence. And the State is already on record, in court, stating that they have no evidence to refute Zimmerman’s testimony.

I know if my head were bashed into concrete multiple times till I felt I needed to kill someone, I would want to know about internal injuries I might have that could only be diagnosed in a hospital setting.

Well, bully for you; but that’s entirely irrelevant to the case at hand.

I do know that Trayvon would never have crossed paths with George unless George saw him as a suspect.

Zimmerman viewing Martin as a “suspect” is not illegal, and does not cause him to forfeit his legal right to self defense.

I have questions as to why George considered him a suspect and why he did not identify himself when allegedly Trayvon asked him if he had a problem.

Why Zimmerman viewed Martin as a suspect is likewise irrelevant, and Zimmerman bore no legal responsibility to identify himself. Failure to disclose his identity, or anything else, did not cause Zimmerman to forfeit his legal right to self defense.

I hope this goes to trial and questions are answered by witnesses, evidence and forensics. If not, George will never truly clear his name.

This case will never see a jury. Zimmerman will be granted immunity – an act that will inherently “clear” his name.

Now, do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion? (Don’t worry; that’s rhetorical.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:30 am 
ADMIN

And the battle continues....

Chip Bennett says:
November 16, 2012 at 9:02 pm

sunnieday7:
I don’t think George planned second-degree murder. Actually to be honest, I don’t think George seems to be mentally stable but that is an unprofessional opinion after seeing his failures, debt problems and other factors with his family.. Maybe he was under stress from not graduating or achieving his goals. Maybe he was trying to prove something to his friend Mark Osterman or to his family who he was reported to be estranged from. I think George may have gotten caught up in a situation and also had preconceived notions about suspicious people. I can’t get into George’s mind but he seems a very troubled individual. Unfortunately his troubles ended up with a 2nd degree murder charge and this will forever change his life whether he is convicted or freed.

So what you’re really saying is: based on your preconceived notions about George Zimmerman – notions completely absent any basis in empirical evidence – you believe he is guilty of murder.

Fair enough; but at least you could have been honest about that up front, instead of pretending to be some sort of uninformed truth-seeker. Because let’s be clear: none of the empirical evidence or witness testimony in this case supports your preconceived notions about Zimmerman, nor the conclusions regarding his guilt that you’ve derived from those notions.

The State has no evidence to refute Zimmerman’s testimony or to prove second-degree murder.

You have no evidence to refute Zimmerman’s testimony or to prove second-degree murder.

The Scheme Team has no evidence to refute Zimmerman’s testimony or to prove second-degree murder.

(Are we noticing a pattern here?)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 am 
ADMIN

PING LOGS!!!
Just a reminder :24

I have heard no word on ping logs, nor word on the list of names that Crump was supposed to supply to MOM and BDLR within 10 days from 19th October.

Minutes from hearing 10-19-12
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Rel ... 9%2012.pdf

I’d like to assume that MOM has the list? But who knows?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm 

I am of the impression that he has received it. Same with BdlR. I think he would have filed a Motion to Compel through the courts if he hadn't.

The ping logs may be part of the package from Brenton(sp? because I am too lazy to look it up) the FBI analyst that did a report on the phone. 40 pages or so, IIRC.

Since none of the reciprocal discovery has been released it is hard to know what he has and what he doesn't have. I wish he could release some of it but I doubt that he will until he has finished with all of the depositions. They are the basis for his fact finding and must be completed to put all of the puzzle pieces in correct order. I don't see him as one to overplay a hand without everything he can get his little mitts on.

He turns over Reciprocal to Prosecution and they review and release. At least that is how it has been going with the State's discovery.

I seriously do not think we will be seeing much from MOM until he has finished looking at all sides.

Just my opinion. I am wishing for it because I am a greedy little cat. I am ready for more stuff to go through!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 am 

Rumpole? Would you mind posting the video that marries the NEN call to the walk through here?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am 
ADMIN

Which video?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Which video?

The one submitted by Rooferx? It shows the NEN call working in unision with the reenactment. I am not comfortable going to CTH and asking for permission to repost. Sorry...

This is kind of convoluted so I hope you understand what I am saying...

The reason I ask is that the time seems to marry the Marinade Dave video, time-wise with the walk from the street to the dogwalk by within a second or two. MD's video gives Zimmerman roughly 42 seconds to walk from the street up the E-W sidewalk. MD also does the one thing that Zimmerman didn't. He walked all the way thru to RVC in roughly 25 seconds and paused a few seconds.

I am checking back on transcripts to find where Zimmerman disconnects from the NEN because, IIRC, he says where he was when he hung up with Dispatch. Time-wise it should then be about a minute from dog station to RVC and back which does coincide with the MD walk which shows that Zimmerman hung up around the dog station.

I am of the firm belief that Martin suspected that Zimmerman was on the phone with the police when he came close to the truck to check him out. After running up to the area near the Green TH, he took it upon himself to return for reasons known only to him. I suspect he was PO'd about being followed and thus "Disrepected." Zimmerman had one flashlight working so Martin sees the light movement coming back towards the dog station and goes into hiding in the bushes opposite of W6's patio and beside W13's TH. If he had gone into hiding that close by he could have easily confirmed his suspicions by hearing the end of Zimmerman's conversation with Dispatch.

Martin didn't/couldn't have run from a distance to approach Zimmerman. Zimmerman never heard his approach. If he were running down the dog walk, it would have attracted his attention just from feet slapping on wet concrete. He couldn't have been talking on the phone to Dee Dee while running and she says he lowered his voice.

Apparently, only Zimmerman is capable of that trick!

Zimmerman's act of reaching for his phone is what triggered the punch to the nose. Teens don't seem to have much fear of adults these days. They do seem to fear LE involvement. Martin did not want Zimmerman to call 911.

I don't pay attention to what MD has to say. I mute him. He curbs his "evidence" to meet his theory (the edit).

But at the same time, he is confirming Zimmerman's statement, time-wise, by doing what Zimmerman didn't in the reenactment. Actually doing the walk. He eats up at least 1:42sec. of the NEN.

If I have my memory chips set correctly. Still need to reread that transcript. Must look some more but I am tired and I have to take a nap before work. ((Insomnia))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm 
ADMIN

OK.... There are several mash-ups of calls and vids... and I figure they all edit and bend the facts to say the least, so I would not endorse any of them :24

As far as copying stuff from other sites..... my feeling is that stuff posted publicly is "fair game" but even so I always give credit and links back where appropriate.
At the CTH.. even before I was a regular poster I emailed and asked.. and soon after Sundance did a post that answered another email (as well as mine).... paraphrasing his post... everything at the CTH is free to copy in part or WHOLE.. the important thing is to spread the word as far and wide as possible.

so....
rooferx says:
November 18, 2012 at 6:20 pm

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... ent-244995

State v. Zimmerman: A Possible Walkthrough

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm 
ADMIN

Here is a time line vid I made.. based on a post by AJ at TalkLeft
From "AJ": Time-line with Audio from phone calls combined
(Orlando Sentinel Time-line: based on page 40 of the 183 page pdf)

Zimmerman: Timeline with Bonus Audio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm 

Were those sirens that detectable over the (6:30 approx) tape? I don't remember them but it has been eons (June?) since I listened to them.

Memory chips! LOL! I blame old age and medications or lack thereof...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm 
ADMIN

NO!!!
"AJ" writes that he added the siren sound... it is just a marker to show WHEN cops arrived

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am 

Rumpole wrote:
NO!!!
"AJ" writes that he added the siren sound... it is just a marker to show WHEN cops arrived

Thanks! I thought I was going nuts! My computer crashed about 4 months ago and if it is a .wav file, I can't hear it most of the time. I hardly even try anymore. Too frustrating. All of the 911s are on wav. so I have to do it all from memory. As you can imagine, that is not always a reliable source! LOL!

YouTube I can hear. What can I say....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 51  Next