It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 pm 
ADMIN

I must say it's such a relief to just have nel STOP... already.

I have seen Nel compared to Juan Martinez, but it is one thing for a prosecutor to show passion and aggression when confronting somebody whom he has seen convincing evidence against, and another for a Prosecutor to bully and attack a somewhat vulnerable, and quite possibly truthful, defendant. Nel was unpleasant to watch. Juan Martinez a joy.

At the end of all that bullying and badgering Nel comes up with a half-baked vague speculation as a State theory. It is actually not even up to the standard of speculation at True Gossip Forums, and that is never up to standing much scrutiny and analysis.

Anyway, nice to see the Trial back on track with some interesting expert testimony from the Defence side.

Just as an aside:
This application by Nel for a 2 week adjournment??
I imagine the Judge will approve, but I wish she wouldn't. Both sides have wasted time and taken breaks already. I guess one has to allow a defendant to take as much time as he needs, but I see less excuse for the Prosecution. Nel implied one colleague had some other legal matter to attend to, but also hinted the main reason was private commitments (Vacations?). I would love the Judge to rule "No! Mr Nel you can get by without one assistant.. and you can forget vacation plans until you get this trial done." It is not fair to prolong the agony for defendant or others involved. This is a 1st degree Murder Trial, not a Church Picnic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:35 pm 

Does Nel just want to let HIS version - - sink in? Leave the Judge with HIS version implanted firmly (lol) in her head? Honestly sometimes it seems like they are playing a chess game.

Juan has real passion, brains and skill I feel. This guy ... I am not sure what he has/is. A BORE for sure, I know. GET ON WITH IT - NELLY!!!! :TF

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:33 pm 
ADMIN

Watch this video starting at 26m54s

Nicely played by Roux, getting Nel to state categorically that shooting was at 3:17. That they were the ONLY shots.
THAT is what I keep arguing makes a NONSENSE of the States case, given the times we know of events that must have occurred after the shooting, and the available time after 3:17. It goes way beyond the "Nel Test" Not only does it "not make sense" it is physically IMPOSSIBLE.

Nel: "Two sets of noises, shots at 3:17"

Judge clarifies ALL shots were at 3:17. Nel agrees.

The whole exchange is well worth watching NOW after all that we have heard. Nel is clearly talking nonsense?

I have always maintained that Stipps would have made a great STAR witness for the defense, if State had not already called him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:36 pm 
ADMIN

It seems to me that when people listen to the Two (only) couples who comprise the total evidence the State have in regards screams, people focus on "woman's screams" in a blinkered fashion and do not follow the State ear witness testimony as a whole. Take out the "woman" that both couples are mistaken about (IMO) and their testimony supports OP's version..... PERFECTLY.

The State proved OP's version in trying to put their case. They proved very little about their own version. (such as it is)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 am 
ADMIN

There were not "5 independent witnesses" at all. The two couples are not necessarily each made up of two independent testimonies. Regardless, they heard screams at a time that it could not have been Reeva. She was dead. They were mistaken (IMO). I do not have the slightest problem with that. If OP's distressed screams gave the false impression of a woman screaming.. then I am not surprised that is how it sounded to both couples.
In addition.. one couple was so far away that there testimony should be given less weight, as it was at the extreme range of being able to hear clearly.

The 5th person heard woman's voice and crying (which she conceded was Oscar). She DID NOT hear any screaming.. woman or otherwise.

These two couples and one other witness were ALL the State could find with any hint of support for what they propose. There were maybe hundreds of potential witnesses in a radius set by the distance to the Burger(s) house.
So like the text messages, the State can find only a very small percentage that support their version (Though these witnesses don't necessarily do that). That leaves a large number of potential witness who don't support. No doubt we will be hearing from some of those who, beyond simply "not supporting" actually refute the State claims.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 am 

Evening Rumpy

Another day, another witness hopefully, and hopefully I don't get the interruptions I got yesterday. Talking of witnesses - spot on we never had 5 "independant" witnesses!

No way do I ever see a comparison between Nel and Juan Martinez ,I have heard that before, where people get that from is anyone's guess.
Martinez has style and eloquence, and he pushes his witnesses with intelligence not so Nel.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 am 
ADMIN

Hi Wroughead

It's nice to look forward to the trial... no Nel for a time at least... shame he will bore us all witless with cross of each witness though.

I still have to eat dinner... be back for trial start.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 am 

More firing evidence. This trial will have to end soon because the judge, unsurprisingly, has pointed out that the case has run 4 weeks longer than they thought it would, and there are people on remand in custody, who's cases have to be heard, and for whom court time has already been allocated.

I must say this situation occurred to me already, but the Easter break is coming up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:23 am 

It could easily be July before we get the Judge's verdict in this trial. By the time the defençe witnesses are called most of whom will be after the upcoming 2 week break, say there is another 10 days of evidence, prosecution and defence summing up, this trial will run to the end of May, beginning of June.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 am 
ADMIN

Yes.

We have a long way to go :95

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:45 am 
ADMIN

And friggin Nel will spend hours on asking nothing much over and over and over.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 am 
ADMIN

What a petulant little shit Nel is.

He not even trying to question the evidence.. he just wants to question qualification updates.

Nel is not happy :98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:06 am 

I am the same as you Rumpy i've gone right off Nel, mind you he didn't raise my expectations in the beginning of the trial, but has fallen way down even lower in my opinion.

Now, I will miss a lot and will need to catch up, because Sky are not covering the trial live today, at least so far they don't seem to be, but more to the point, I've had computer glitches today, and I've no idea why. So I'm having to resort painfully, to my Samsung Tablet to try to view LoL and type, so I may be a hit or a miss.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 am 
ADMIN

I don't deny that Nel can and should question his qualifications.. he can even point to that as reason... IF he disagrees with some of the evidence... but Nel still needs to show where the evidence might be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am 
ADMIN

Nel clearly hanging out for a fag... asks for tea=break as soon as is due

tea-break

:smoke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 am 
ADMIN

The thing is.... this guys evidence was convincing and has been seen by judge and is in evidence.

Nel can not undo that by stamping his little feet and holding his breath. :59

He can question the guys training etc.. and perhaps convince the judge to give the evidence a little less "weight"... but that will NOT make it go away. Nel needs to point out where it is wrong (I doubt he can)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 am 

LoL I wonder if we can find out if Nel is, indeed, a smoker!

He can indeed, question anyone's qualifications, but since he doesn't have to impress a jury, I don't think he will push the boat out too much. I think he is trying to impress Reeva's family now.

I have often wondered what has made Reeva's parents and family so certain that this was murder, therefore hating OP so much - presumably from police sources, after all they don't know OP and had never met him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 am 
ADMIN

Nel now asks to finish early!!!!!!
Of course no longer any need to pretend to be trying to get things finished. The Judge granted his vacation 2 weeks at start of today.

This really is slack. 6 hour days with MORE than an hour for lunch and half hour tea breaks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 am 

All I can say, things run much stricter over here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 pm 
ADMIN

I think it is right and proper for Nel to question a Defense expert's qualifications and experience. (IMO Nel does not help his case by being antagonistic, sarcastic and chuckling etc. But that seems to be Nel's style). The witness's qualifications are likely a factor the Judge will consider when deciding how much weight to give Dixon's testimony. However, the witness's testimony is unlikely to be just disregarded out of hand. His findings and opinions have been put to the Judge and supporting items have been admitted into evidence. The witness will ultimately be assessed based on how he came across when giving his evidence. The credibility and knowledge of the subject and information presented is something the Judge asses for every witness. The witness did present evidence and his analysis. Nel does still have to refute anything that he feels is at odds with the State's position, and the State's own experts opinions. That is why Nel wanted time to consult with State experts before getting into details. I think Dixon made some good points. IMO most of them, taken individually, have little bearing on the overall case but, as with any case, it is built up of many "blocks". I think it is VERY important that some sort of sound recording of cricket bat on door is put before the Judge and entered into evidence. Dixon's testimony enabled that to be done. For that reason alone his testimony was worthwhile. No doubt arguments over details of his testimony will ensue today, with Nel cross examining on details in his usual slow, repetitive style. The 2 week vacation has been granted, so nobody will be in a screaming hurry to do anything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 52  Next