It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 am 

Most countries know Culpable Homicide as Manslaughter - however in Scots law we also refer to it as Culpable homicide, but in England and Wales it is Manslaughter.

He has definitely been found not guilty of murder, and I'm wondering if this is going to end in acquittal because the fact that she has stated 'that is not the end of the matter' does not necessarily imply she will find him guilty of CH.

He's still looking at jail time because of this and then the guns issues, for sure I'm thinking anywhere between 7 and 10 years.

Last edited by Wroughead on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:41 am 
ADMIN

It's looking good for OP..... shit for Nel and all the daft Neltards.

(What do you think of Scottish independence, Wroughead?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:44 am 

RT I have already voted, as I started to ask for postal votes last year - so I mailed my vote last week - it won't of course be opened until the 18th.

There are too many unanswered questions for me. Scotland is a great country and yes, could be self sufficient for sure, but the currency issue, pensions welfare etc are questions that for me, have not been answered. Salmond keeps saying we will keep the Sterling - we will have to apply for EU membership again, and that means that any new countries wanting to join the EU (which I don't really like) will have to work with the euro - I'd hate that.

My vote is NO resounding.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 am 

p.s. if these questions were answered I'd have voted YES let's face it what country doesn't want to be independant of another really.
Salmond is speaking right now, during the lunch break, I'm watching him on BBC news24, he talks a good talk, I'll give him that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:56 am 
ADMIN

I do not KNOW the details so wont argue... but it seems to me there is a LOT involved... trade deals, treaties, embassies defence spending etc. and probably a lot I have not thought of as well.

England, Scotland, Wales a bit different from say 3 European countries. I am proud to be Welsh, not English, but content to be British as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:22 am 

sorry for delay, my lawyer rang me. There are too many things that can upset the Scottish people, that many of the YES campaigners haven't given thought to, it's as if they are blindsided and believe in a Utopia - which it won't be.

Need to go, and I'll be back for the rest after they have their lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:32 am 

I just woke up (I was going to whack myself with at the fish but my eyes are blurry and I can't find it) . I read a recap recap and it said that the judge has said that the State has not proven premeditated murder :77 I have a bit of running around to do and then I can try to catch up. Hallelujah for a impartial judge.

Haven't read here yet, just a recap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/world ... .html?_r=0

And good whatever time of the day it is where you are folks :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:34 am 

Make no mistake about it, that girl assessor is responsible for showing this prosecution for the mockery it deserves. Although Judge Masipa showed tremendous attentiveness and I liked her from day one, I could see it all along how she relied on that assessor. That girl kept her eye on the ball no matter how down and dirty Nel would get wallowing in the gutter with his absurd bs.

They got everything right, right down the line:

1. Stipps and Burgers sound hearing evidence was ludicrous.
2. Reeva couldn't, didn't scream, and it was Oscar everybody heard .
3. Stomach contents contention was worthless and Reeva could have eaten any time she wanted
4. Dr. Vorster witnessed it, along with everybody who was there that morning saw his genuine grief and to think premed with the evidence was absurd.
5. The fan evidence was trumped up because he WAS on that balcony yelling help. He obviously went through the door.
6. He has to be seen in a different light as to what is reasonable with his anxiety and his disability.
7. Just because he's a witness that contradicts himself doesn't make him a liar as to the material true facts.
8. The argument was a myth in the prosecutor's mind and ridiculous with the evidence.
9. The window was OPEN as I pointed out several times and supported his claim all along.
10. The Whatsapps showed a fungible relationship like every relationship with occasional spats.
11. He couldn't possibly have foreseen that the shots fired would have definitely resulted in death.
12. The sounds heard at 3:17 was the bat breaking the door and the shots were at the time Oscar said.

The numbnuts on the other sites are livid. It is terrifying to think any of them will ever be on sombebody's jury.

And I hope Nel is relegated to something he should be doing--nothing more serious than traffic cases.

Last edited by aavi on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:41 am 
ADMIN

Hi aavi..... lot of "I told you so's" all around.

Neltards starting to turn on Masipa (on twitter)... it is Nasty Nel they should be after for feeding them BS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:44 am 
ADMIN

Hi Carm... its all good so far.

Neltards still hanging on.. telling each other OP will still get 15 years. lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:47 am 

Hi Rumpole I'll be back in about an hour. The recap seems devastating for the Neltards. Hallelujah! for the court of law and not mob rule.

No caffeine so I am responsible for nothing at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:03 am 

I do agree that Oscar was not a good witness in fact, I think we alluded to that at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:09 am 
ADMIN

I thought Oscar did ok... until cross... and that is because Nel is an asshole. And he was badgering with FALSE notions... Nel's cross should be stricken from record.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:14 am 

It was Roux's closing that was stellar and fortunately made up for the myriads of blunders and missed opportunities during the trial that has provided the justification for the only true deductive reasoning in this verdict.

That, and that girl assessor's sharp mind. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am 

More of the verdict tomorrow. I think she is definately heading for guilty of manslaughter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:39 am 
ADMIN

Yes she has said NEGLIGENT... but who knows what that translates to... guilty of some charge for sure.

Shame. I dont think she quite got the Reasonable "vulnerable amputee" thing..... flight not an option. Calling for help likely to have got him killed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:48 am 
ADMIN

Neltards not at all happy.... talking appeal... guess they never got the "double jeopardy" memo :slap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 am 

Well she applied those vulnerabilities to the two most serious charges. It's pretty hard to just totally ignore the fact that an innocent woman is dead. And the one thing that always went against him was his statement that he thought about firing at the shower as a warning shot but then considered that this might ricochet back to him. This could be nothing but a conscious thought and that really makes it hard to totally acquit.

He was exonerated of the two huge jail terms he was facing and rightly so, as well as the stigma that he deliberately murdered his girlfriend which would have been the end of his life and career as he knew it.

If he's found guilty of negligent homicide, it will all come down to the sentence and he can appeal it if she gives him a lengthy jail term. Even Roux said if you find him guilty, find him guilty of culpable homicide.

They are already planning a strategy for that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 am 

steveml wrote:
It's looking that way. Masipa seems to be using the common-sense approach so far.

You can bet the Neltards are currently slating Masipa :WW who until now they have been proclaiming as wise, astute and the best person to oversee the case.

There is a veritable FESTIVAL of this going on...er...elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:16 am 

Right from the start, I have taken into account, given the same circumstances and if I had his vulnerability, how would I have reacted.

The core of this is here we have a man who, unlike the rest of us, can't run away or move quickly who fears there is an intruder. I can tell you that in SA, if you are burgled while you are in your home, there is a very real chance that you will be attacked and even killed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 58  Next