It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:49 am 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 am 

Did you pay the Associated Press to use that picture? :Gslap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 am 

Oh dear. Hahaaa That picture!

So the jury must not be so sure if they want to see the props used to show the trajectory of the bullets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:11 pm 
ADMIN

I am skimming though twitter #DunnTrial

It is alarming just how ignorant of the facts most people are. Imprinted with a false narrative that they just keep parroting, despite what was shown at the Trial.

I fear that in day-to-day life, some of them are a danger to themselves and others.

Maybe there should be "Random IQ testing" with custodial sentences for those found to be under the influence of Daft.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:23 pm 

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/new ... s/5464457/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jurors asked a fourth question Thursday of Judge Russell Healey, having deliberated 10 hours already in the first degree murder trial of Michael Dunn. Deliberations will resume at 9 a.m. Friday.

The five men, seven women jury wanted to know the date of a letter Dunn sent to his family and friends. The typed letter was introduced into evidence and described Dunn's recollection of events the night of Nov. 23, 2012.

According to Dunn's testimony under cross examination by Prosecutor John Guy, letter was written in June 2013.

When told, a couple jurors nodded, as if they knew and expected that answer.

What does that last sentence mean?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 pm 
ADMIN

HAPPY Valentine's Day - John Guy and "Bendy" - cute couple :heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:30 pm 

Glad to find out you all here are supportive of Dunn. I was beginning to think nobody was.

It took me a lot longer with this one than Zimmerman. This was less clear cut. I was easing more and more toward supporting him and some of the trial testimony really sealed it for me.

At the very least I feel there's reasonable doubt. I don't see a 45 year old guy whose had the gun for over 20 years just suddenly deciding it's time to ruin his life and try to murder 4 people because they used naughty words. Doesn't sit right for me.

Young black man with friends to impress, blasting rap music flipping out and threatening him? That clicks for me much better.

Particularly when you've got his friends admitting Dunn was polite in his request, and that Davis did flip out, and admitting he worked the door handle but claiming that child locks prevented his exist :/

C'mon... who believes that two young teens out looking to impress girls are going to tolerate their two other friends in the front insisting on keeping them locked in the back seat and having to be let out like children every time they stop, when a simple flip of a button is all that was required to end that arrangement? It doesn't wash. And if they're lying about that, there's a reason.

Image Image

Unfortunately I predict Dunn will be convicted of something, probably multiple somethings, and that it will carry a pretty sizable number of years in prison. Which is deeply unfair.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 pm 
ADMIN

It's Valentine's day... I am a hopeless "romantic"... it is perhaps a "romantic notion" but I think he will be acquitted or else it will be a Hung Jury with just one or two hold outs against acquittal (Not the other way around as the twitter mob seems to think... one or two racists holding up the guilty verdict)

IF... the worst comes to the worst, and there is a re-trial... I think with a few more resources the Defence can put their case far more strongly, whereas the Prosecution has already done all it can and failed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm 
ADMIN

BTW... thanks DrControversy, for the photo-shop demonstrating bullet-hole trajectories with back car door open. It is OBVIOUS when you see a simple demo like that.

I did not follow this case initially... what I saw in passing looked like murder (probably racist motive), and a case adopted by Traybots (and Corey) as a slam-dunk face-saver for GZ case. Even up to the trial I had not looked at evidence closely... so I was enlightened by the evidence as it was presented at trial. At least an approximation of how a juror would have seen it. It seems obvious to me that the State failed to disprove Self Defence. Furthermore... LE were less than thorough.. as it seems they are whenever a case comes under close scrutiny!! :stamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm 

Y'all see jury had questions?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm 

Yea I guess the question is, is there a holdout on the main charge insisting on guilty for it, unwilling to budge, but whom they had been able to slowly convince with logic and evidence to let him off on the other 4?

Or is there a holdout refusing to find him guilty on the main charge, but who they convinced to find him guilty on the others?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:43 pm 

I'm confused myself lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 pm 
ADMIN

If da back thug-car door was open a bit....... then ya gotta acquit!! :52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm 
ADMIN

Dunn jurors ask about partial verdict
Posted: 6:08 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, 2014
By Stephanie Brown

Jacksonville, FL — Jurors appear to be edging closer to reaching a verdict, but it may not be complete.

After beginning their day at 9 AM, jurors had not posed a single question to the court until just before 5 PM. Their two park question first asked whether they were allowed to take a 30 minute break, which Judge Russell Healey granted. The second part was much more telling.

“Is it possible to not reach a verdict on one count and reach a verdict on other counts,” Healey read form the paper submitted by the jury.

That is allowed.

Michael Dunn is charged with one count of First Degree Murder, three counts of Attempted First Degree Murder, and one count of firing a deadly missle.

WOKV's Legal Analyst Mark Rubin says, while it's impossible to interpret exactly what's going on in the jury room without being a juror, this question leads us to believe a few scenarios are possible. Because the question specifically asks whether the jury can not reach a verdict on one count, Rubin says that makes it likely the murder charge is causing the deadlock, and some verdict has been agreed upon for the attempted murder and deadly missile charges.

....more at link
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/dun ... ict/ndPng/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 pm 
ADMIN

This worries me.

The evidence to me points to the State not having disproved SD... and so none of the charges applying.

So it looks like the Jury don't get it?

They can not be hung up on attempted murder (or lesser included).... else they would be hung on 3.

So they are hung up on Murder OR Firearm discharge.

If the sticking point is the main murder charge... then I assume the other 4 are guilty verdicts?

But maybe the expert is wrong? Lets hope the sticking point is somebody wanting to "get him for something" and so holding out for a firearm discharge thing?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:52 pm 

Another question?!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:01 pm 
ADMIN

Yes... wanna go home... no decision.... back Saturday 9:00AM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:12 pm 

Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:52 pm 

I'm really appalled at the amount of anti-dunn propaganda churned out by the Davis family lawyer during the trial and then stepping it up a notch during deliberations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 pm 
ADMIN

Media still .... :22

Some new documents available at Court link

http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/

2/14/2014 — RESPONSE INTERVENORS' OBJECTION TO MAGISTRATE'S REPORT & RECOMMENDATION ON INTERVENORS' EMERGENCY MOTION TO ENFORCE TRIAL COURT ORDER TO RELEASE RECORDED JAIL CONVERSATIONS & MOTIONS FOR ATTORNEY'S FEES
PDF 8 pages
http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/files/83304766.pdf

2/14/2014 — STATES RESPONSE TO MAGISTRATE'S REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
PDF 11 pages
http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/files/83304755.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next