It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 pm 

Thank You Rumpole

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30 pm 

Saw this comment Found it interesting.
Regarding the video, in Strolla’s closing arguments:

Quote:
“We had state witnesses change their story from direct, to cross, to re direct.” Strolla tells them to watch the entire surveillance video from the night of the shooting.

I’m re watching all the surveillance videos that I have. Let me know if you want links.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 pm 

Sha wrote:
Just came by to see if any one has heard anything........ Hey Mimi !

:69 hi Sha! Rumpole and everyone else!

Post subject: move
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 pm 

arkansasmimi wrote:
I’m re watching all the surveillance videos that I have. Let me know if you want links.

Yes please, I have been searching for the store videos to see what the jury is going to view.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:42 pm 

VP agrees with me, we understood Def Attorney saying IF SELF DEF was agreed, have reasonable doubt then he is not guilty on ALL Accounts. So I will ask a little further. IF they have no doubts then they have to choose which charge? * Reasonable Doubt = not guilty on all charges, Correct?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 am 

Got a lot of haters when I tweeted this...see what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:22 am 
ADMIN

^Thanks renewsit... I tried to show that on the fly when that pic was shown in court.... that is a MUCH better demonstartion than I managed ;)

It the door was open, even just a bit..... then you have got to acquit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 am 

That photo sure shows the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 am 
ADMIN

I am sure that this is not ALL there is of survelance video..

Described in Court as: 20 mins before thru 20 minutes after, and 6 cameras that you can select for that entire time span, but best I have found on YT

Uncut: Gates store survellience video

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 am 

Thanks Rumpole :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:21 am 
ADMIN

Mark O'Mara: Waiting for the verdict
By Mark O'Mara Wed, Feb 12, 2014 @ 7:06 pm | updated Wed, Feb 12, 2014 @ 8:59 pm

A just verdict: What percentage is humanity? What percentage is analysis?

The Michael Dunn - Jordan Davis case presents us with yet another unique opportunity to view and review how our criminal justice system works. It’s very easy to argue in the abstract that we are a country that values liberty so much that we are willing to let 100 possibly guilty men go free for fear of incarcerating one innocent man. That’s the essence of “innocent until proven guilty.”

While that is a great and laudable principle, how does it actually work in practice?

Our system is set up such that once Michael Dunn asserts that he was acting in self-defense and presents some evidence to support it, that presumption of innocence (that he was acting in self-defense) stays with him until and unless the state disproves it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Under a strictly analytical view of the law, if the jury has a reasonable doubt as to whether or not Michael Dunn may have acted in self-defense (Did he really think at the moment of the shooting that there was a shotgun in the other car?), then it should be an acquittal. And that’s true even if there are unexplained inconsistencies in Dunn’s presentation -- even if there are conflicts in some of the lesser significant facts, unless, of course, those inconsistencies and conflicts attack Dunn’s credibility so badly that he cannot be believed. This is an analytical perspective on our criminal justice system, and from this perspective, Dunn has a chance for an acquittal.

...more at link
http://members.jacksonville.com/news/cr ... ng-verdict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:29 am 
ADMIN

O'Mara starts off well.... then kinda reverts to "type" with a wussy pre-emptive defence of the Jurors should they "get it wrong" and NOT decide this case based on an analysis of the evidence in the context of applicable laws, as described by the judge.

IMO O'Mara is saying that the jury could be fooled by the emotional appeals made by the State (Corey, Wolfson, and Guy) :N1 And.... "ho hum.... stuff like that happens with "human beings"... maybe we shouldn't be sorry if it does...it makes us more of a "Community" :NN20

I bet you a million dollars to a burnt match, that Michael Dunn would not go along with that... especially if it results in LWOP despite the State FAILING to meet their burden to disprove Self Defence :wall

To my mind, a verdict reached on that basis is a travesty. The fact that some people involved in the Justice system accept that as a normal, and likely occurrence, is an even bigger travesty.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 am 

Palm305 wrote:
Thanks Rumpole :)

Sorry I got distracted, YES Rumpole this is the video the jury will watch in the morning. (according to tweets from media I read)

VP Renewsit! YOU GO GIRL!!! :Gslap I would bet something BIG on that is exactly what happened! That Def Attny nailed it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:41 am 

That was all Dr Controversy ... smart guy.

Mark's opinion is paid for now IMO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 am 

I believe your correct VP.

OK, on the video. I just realized what they are talking about. So don't hit me with the fish if yall already figured it out. Had to go get gas in my car earlier.... Light bulb went off. It prob those video that have the multi pic all on one screen, that's why they cant watch on a reg tv or computer. All of them will be playing at same time. Ok. off to rest my eyes for a few. Hugs to all

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 am 
ADMIN

I have said I was impressed with Strolla, and I appreciate the the defence do not have to PROVE anything, but.........

I think he could have pushed the self defence thing a bit harder. Stress more that the shotgun and Davis getting out of the car is a reasonable version... the bullet hole evidence could have been presented as we see with the gif image above..... or even more dramatically with over-head photos of dowels in place... with door closed and with door open. I think it would be another example of sloppy work by LE if they did not take such photos, and prosecution already have them Maybe they are buried in discovery somewhere? A photo graphically depicting something exculpatory... hidden by Corey and the prosecution.... sound familiar? Whether LE did it or not... Strolla could have taken his own photos. Done some sort of demonstration for the jury with the real cars side by side.... show the jury... not hard to do... even do it with toy cars or something?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 am 
ADMIN

H/T renewsit and DrControversy

REPEAT:

It the door was open, even just a bit..... then you have got to acquit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:35 am 

I can't believe I missed this! I was so confused about the different shots and angles and the door locks! IMO this is HUGE! Tks Renewsit (and Rumpole) I sure hope the jury gets this!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 am 

Great picture ! :69 I was asking my husband about the angles before I saw that . :46

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:43 am 

Video It wont work for me...... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 32  Next