It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 pm 
ADMIN

Credit where credit is due... a sensible poster at InSession2 (formerly Justice Quest)

(In addition the the fantastic pixies... who is too super-cool for any one site) :86

Oceanblueeyes wrote:
His DUI record would be very relevant if it hadn't happened 20 years ago. He wasn't driving when this happened. He was in his own home bothering no one. The timespan of his prior convictions will not be the least bit relevant to this case due to the two decades that has passed.

However; the actions of Renisha that night will be very relevant because all events just hours prior are always relevant in any case. The ME will testify to the amount of alcohol and pot she had in her system at the time of autopsy and will most likely testify to what her BAC would have been at the time of her hit and run accident. Three hours iirc had lapsed from the time it happened until she showed up on Mr. Wafer's porch at 4:30 ish in the early morning.

I don't think she is a hardened criminal nor do I think Mr. Wafer is one. If she had lived though she would have been in a heap of trouble in the court system.. 1. Underage drinking. 2.DUI 3. Leaving the scene of an accident. 4) Failure to control her vehicle. 5. If pot is illegal in Michigan she would also have been charged with that too. And most likely the owner of the car she hit would have civilly sued her.

All of that will come out in the trial. It always does and this case will not be an exception. The jury has a right to know, and they will know, why and how Renisha wound up on Mr. Wafer's porch in the first place in the early morning hours this happened.

Pixie doesn't mince words. She says what she believes and drunk drivers (3 x the legal limit) don't get her sympathy. Very few have sympathy for drunks. I respect anyone's right to their own opinion even if it sounds harsh.

However; I wish this had never happened at all..to Renisha or to Mr. Wafer. I don't wish either one of them ill will. Although I have lost close loved ones due to drunk drivers, and admit it is very hard to have an ounce of sympathy for those who do such terrible things to innocent people and are killing and maiming thousands each year.

I do not think Mr. Wafer had any intentions of shooting Renisha. It makes much more logical sense that the gun went off accidentally and that is why he fired through his own screen door.

I don't think for one second the DA is going to be able to get a 2nd degree out of this case based on the circumstances. KW went with the top charge to appease the masses. That way she can blame it on the jury if they don't hand down the top charge and choose manslaughter instead or an outright acquittal.

Imo, he was reckless in controlling his firearm and I think he should be convicted of a lesser degree than 2nd. Maybe involuntary manslaughter.

IMO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 pm 
ADMIN

As I have stated, NATURAL JUSTICE would see this poor guy not have to face ANY charges, certainly no conviction. He was after all asleep in his own home, minding his own business when this drunk decided to insert herself into his life. But I do fear some sort of conviction will result. Lets HOPE he is acquitted of all charges....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:50 pm 

Quote:
minding his own business in his own trying to get home with tea and skittles. But for HER GZ, he TM wouldhave remained asleep still be alive.

Sorry. This is the first thing that popped into my feeble little mind. :29 :29 :29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:58 pm 
ADMIN

I think you are PUSHING the comparison Deb.

There is no dispute that Wafer was in his own home.... I assume asleep in bed... we will no doubt have that confirmed.

The narrative about TM is FALSE... remember? He was NOT just minding his own business... he attacked GZ... etc etc etc... I dont want to do the entire false narrative from GZ case here....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:03 pm 

Sorry. I thought it was funny. The mantra and all. 8-(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:30 pm 
ADMIN

Oh... funny... yeah OK :cool :give

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 am 

Rumpole wrote:
Oh... funny... yeah OK :cool :give

Sometimes I just can't help myself. I'm a little she-devil. Maybe Mal can come up with smilie for me... :29 :29

You gotta admit, it does have a familiar ring to it. :rose :rose :rose :rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 am 
ADMIN

Yeah I see it.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:08 am 
ADMIN

Just a thought that occurred to me..........

As this case divides public opinion and posting hysteria gets a boost.... consider this, IF McBride had not arrived at Wafer's door:

Wafer would have continued sleeping, got up and gone about his life... the interwebs and twitter sewer etc would have no knowledge of him

However, McBride was going to become known (at least locally) and I think given her condition was likely to be involved in some sort of trouble.... if not with a different home owner, then perhaps involved in a road accident as she staggered around.

McBride is very much the cause of any sort of incident that night... but for HER Wafer would be unknown to us. IMO that makes HER responsible for all that she brought upon herself. She is also responsible for the disruption in Wafer's life. I can't imagine he is not effected by having been involved in a woman's death... but HE is not the instigator of that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:42 am 

Is this your paraphrased way of saying "she should have stayed in her car??" :hug :hug

:29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 am 
ADMIN

Yes... I guess so. Not got in a car to drive would have been better still.

But I am also saying... she was "short odds" to injure (maybe kill), herself and/or somebody else that night... maybe a whole car load of somebodies. Whoever she came across was a possible "victim" of her stupidity and drug/drunkenness.... whoever she impinged upon (IMO) is a VICTIM of her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:16 am 

I think that if there isn't anything malfunctioning on the gun that he is culpable for the accident; however, as you have pointed out, she is more responsible than he is. It is almost akin to someone breaking into your house and falling down your stairs and getting hurt. Are you responsible?

So I think involuntary manslaughter with a very light sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 pm 

mung wrote:
I think that if there isn't anything malfunctioning on the gun that he is culpable for the accident; however, as you have pointed out, she is more responsible than he is. It is almost akin to someone breaking into your house and falling down your stairs and getting hurt. Are you responsible?

So I think involuntary manslaughter with a very light sentence.

I sincerely doubt there is anything malfunctioning on that shotgun.

For the bolded part. There was no break in. My thought is you can't kill some drunk on your porch thru a locked door.

There are things I am curious about. Did any of the other neighbors call 911 after hearing a shotgun blast? It isn't like he shot it in a totally enclosed area. He shot thru an outside door. Did they hear any of the verbal confrontation between the two before the gun shot? Where are their 911 tapes if they made any calls?

It seems weird that we haven't heard anything from anyone in the close proximity of the house.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 am 
ADMIN

An actual break-in is not the issue at all.

It is whether Wafer THOUGHT somebody was trying to break in. Of course with the proviso that that thought was what a reasonable person might have. And it sure as hell seems reasonable to ME that if some person is creating a ruckus at 4:00 AM one would assume it is a bad dude... to think it is somebody trying to break in. Further, I think the drunk WAS trying to "break in" at least get in... and since it was not her house... that by definition is a break in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:28 am 

Just for interest purpose here's the Dearborn Heights Neighborhood Watch website.

http://golfviewmanor.org/newpages/gmcasafety-new.html

Their crime reports are interesting. Quite a few home invasions happen there. They only go up to May 2013 but still interesting. Keep in mind, these are reports from the NW not the police itself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:11 am 
ADMIN

Thanks Froggie... I guess even a half competent defence attorney will be bringing info like that to the Jury's attention :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:48 pm 

Hey Froggie...where did you get this pic of the front door? It is the only one I've seen that actually looks like scree as opposed to glass.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:58 pm 

.....also...where did you GET the pic :51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:08 pm 

The only place I got a picture of the door is from Google Maps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:36 pm 

Speaking of doors, I am confused. There was a side door and a front door. How do each door play into this? and yeah, that looks like glass not a screen, so perhaps it is the wrong door?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next