It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:24 pm 

She was shot in the back of the head....Aunt Bernita thinks it was "raciss"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:28 pm 

Nivico - LOVE your avatar....welcome to RT! :28 :86 :87 :91 :69

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:12 pm 
ADMIN

renewsit wrote some time back that Renisha had an Aunty who lived in the area. Speculation on my part, but speculate I will.. perhaps that is where Renisha went for a few hours? Does somebody in the family KNOW this?

Renisha McBride could have gone to her Aunt's House less than one block away

Kay Lumpkin Shell is Renisha's great Aunt. She lives at 7288 Bramell. The wreck happened on the same street, about 10 houses down at 7233 Bramell.

I notice in the news article she is called Kay Lumpkin, without the "Shell", and she is said to live in Dearborn.

Why hasn't this been mentioned by anyone? Seems like an important bit of information to me...especially given the racist blogs and news stories about a black girl being murdered in cold blood by a white man while she was just trying to get home.

I'm sure there must be a reasonable explanation though.

Nineteen year old Renisha Mcbride was shot to death outside a stranger's home in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, after leaving the scene of a car crash in Redford, Michigan 3 1/2 hours earlier.

Link to blog
http://www.re-newsit.com/2013/12/renish ... o-her.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 pm 

HA! You are getting fished Mr.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 pm 
ADMIN

Fair cop....except...... you link to post ABOVE not your post... and WE already did all this back in December, 2013 :wall

On 25th... Christmas day... for you :doh

http://randomtopics.org/viewtopic.php?f ... use#p65211

I'll quote the little bit of discussion that followed....

Rumpole wrote:
Good sleuthing by renewsit.

It is, at the very least, a fact that needs to be included in the overall picture. In addition it would be desirable to avoid the sort of nonsense we had in the GZ case where TM was declared a "victim" at the outset, so that discussing facts about him was labelled "bashing the victim" by the silly people at daft forums. Being in denial about all the facts is one way of reducing "Cognitive Dissonance" in people IMPRINTED with a false narrative... delude yourself and avoid reality by simply closing off facts on one side from consideration. That avoids having to absorb the facts of the case as they come to light and so enables the feeble-minded to cling onto the false notions of their initial IMPRINTING.

Rumpole wrote:
Just a thought..... is there any chance that McBride DID visit her Aunt? There still needs to be an explanation of the hours between the high speed crash while drunk and stoned, and the assault on Wafer's home.

DebFrmHell wrote:
Did VP put in a picture of the aunt's house? I don't know that it will ever be determined her actions unless someone comes forward to say they were with her. Her phone, even if it wasn't dead, was found in the car.

I am curious about the split sole. I don't think she got anything like that if she wandered to a relative's house. And why would they let her leave in that shape?

Regardless, whatever she was doing either before or in her past, it shouldn't matter in a court of law. It is only at the point of the "confrontation" that will count.

This is not like GZ at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:07 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Speculation on my part, but speculate I will.. perhaps that is where Renisha went for a few hours?

Of course someone knows, but they've made it clear from the outset that they were not going to discuss it. How would it matter? Well if she were, say, burgling houses all night, it would matter. If she were, say, looking for her drug dealers house, it might matter. She was drunk as hell, so who knows what she was doing in those three hours....I do believe she came from her Aunt's house. Her mom said she last saw her at around 9, if I remember correctly. She crashed at around 1:00 a.m., I doubt she was just driving around all that time...and it is too much of a coincidence that she ended up on her Aunt's street. Maybe that is where she was playing the shot game and her "sore loser" personality played out in her car...squealing tires, "fu** y'all, I'm out of here".

When her friend, Jenkins, talked about playing games with Renisha, she never mentioned Renisha's mother being at the house, just her grandmother...but I think the mother, Monica, said she came in at around 9, which is about when Jenkins said she left. I could be all wrong about the times...too lazy to read my own blog right now, but it all sounds very manufactured, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm 

I hope I get some time to read more about this case. So am I right that there is no live streaming because the media showed a juror?

Are there transcripts available?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm 
ADMIN

Hi Carm.. seems so? And media dont seem to be arguing the point.

I have TRIED to make best of it, but without seeing evidence its a bit hopeless. It will get worse when door and ballistics etc is presented.
Have not seen any transcripts... if media are not taping it I dont see how there will be transcripts either... unless via release of official court record?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm 
ADMIN

Thinking about today's revaluation that McBride's clothing was contaminated by maggots migrating from deer meat.

That is obviously an extreme example of contamination that was difficult to hide. But..... what of less extreme contamination? Surely items from one case should be stored such that nothing can contaminate. Microscopic dust, fibers etc and any sort of fluids and gases etc. Evidence needs to be sealed. and not left out in the open. If migrating maggots can simply wander onto a piece of evidence then all manner of contamination is possible.. that should raise concern for every other case that has evidence passing through that lab/office.

And....... what of the health hazard involved? Clearly rotting meat and maggots oozing out into the environment is not conducive to good hygiene for staff. One may well be somewhat slack about precautions when just handling clothing, but apparently clothing in that lab could well be contaminated with products from rotting flesh, as yet undetected.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
But..... what of less extreme contamination? Surely items from one case should be stored such that nothing can contaminate. Microscopic dust fibers etc and any sort of fluids and gases etc. Evidence needs to be sealed. and not left out in the open. If wandering maggots can simply wander onto a piece of evidence then all manner of contamination is possible.. that should raise concern for every other case that has evidence passing through that lab/office.

Why is there maggot infested deer meat in a medical examiner's office in Detroit, MI to begin with... that's something I'd expect down here in my neck of the woods, lol.

But anyways, if there were maggots able to travel from one piece of evidence to another, then there were flies as well.

And flies are incredibly destructive/disruptive to evidence and death scenes because they ingest blood and then deposit it ever-y-where.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am 

"Parrinello testified that he dusted the doors at Wafer's home for fingerprints on Nov. 11. (NINE days later!!!)"

They shouldn't have been 'dusted' either... SOP is 'superglue' fuming these days (cyanoacrylate) because it permanently sets the prints and then they can be seen with the naked eye, photographed, repeatedly dusted, and so on without ruining the prints.

And even if their CS department didn't have a large fuming chamber like this one, they can construct a makeshift fuming chamber with lumber and plastic sheeting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:48 am 

renewsit wrote:
When her friend, Jenkins, talked about playing games with Renisha, she never mentioned Renisha's mother being at the house, just her grandmother...but I think the mother, Monica, said she came in at around 9, which is about when Jenkins said she left. I could be all wrong about the times...too lazy to read my own blog right now, but it all sounds very manufactured, IMO.

Mom screwed up when she mentioned telling Renisha not to move the car after just having claimed Renisha didn't appear to be intoxicated... she desperately tried to backpedal ("oh, that's just, you know something you tell your child to punish them when they didn't wash the dishes, blah, blah, blahbity, blah") :41 , but it was too late. Busted and she lost all credibility.

The prosecutor also very noticeably avoided asking the mom if she smelled pot when she came home... she was only asked if she could smell alcohol on her daughter. :77

Then Amber Jenkins takes the stand and admits they'd just finished smoking three blunts in the house and drank a fifth of liquor right before mom came home... right about now the jury is starting to catch on that all these folks including the prosecution are being shady with them.

Image :77 :77 :26 :37 :2 :TF :41

:63 and you KNOW Amber's boyfriend and his friend were probably there drinking and smoking up, too...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:04 am 

I enjoyed the posts at Legal Insurrection made by someone named JackRussellTerrieriest so much I decided to paste the best ones here for your enjoyment, folks:

Quote:
"McBride was the kind of person who, when a problem arises, demands that the entire world should drop whatever they’re doing and immediately come to her aid no matter how inconvenient it is, what it costs them, or how dangerous her behavior is.

In her drunken stupor, McBride probably left her call phone in her wrecked car and didn’t want to go back for it for fear of running into the cops. Instead of taking shelter or cover behind some shrubbery or some out-of-the-way object or building for just a couple of hours to sober up and shield herself from sight until it became a decent enough hour to ask to borrow someone’s phone to call for a ride, she wanted to go home NOW and by God somebody needs to wake their ass up and take care of her NOW.
As for the car she hit, yes, it’s only property, property that somebody probably worked hard to get. Unavoidable, unintentional traffic accidents happen, but this wasn’t that. She was a careless, thoughtless menace on the road.

I would have to be bleeding so badly that I thought I was going to die before I would beat somebody’s door down at 4:30am to ask for help.
Some want to talk about what Wafer SHOULD have done, and I realize that’s completely relevant to the court case in terms of reasonable action, but nobody wants to talk about what McBride actually DID that brought about her own death or the extent to which she endangered probably hundreds of other people by driving a motor vehicle at that level of intoxication. It’s quite possible that if Wafer hadn’t shot her that night she would have killed herself and/or others some other night. Nothing she did that night showed any regard for other people. It was all about I want to get drunk out of my mind, I want to drive with a stratospheric BAC level, I want to go home NOW and f#!k the rest of the world.
McBride created the circumstances that lead to her death. Wafer was just the poor, sleepy bastard who lived in the house SHE chose to accost at 4:30am about the problem SHE created for herself.

I guess there is solace in knowing that she was so drunk she didn’t know what hit her and died peacefully enough and a whole lot easier than many victims of drunk drivers do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few seem to notice what McBride did to bring about her own death. Wafer, an apparently decent working man asleep at 4:30am, is supposed to be an expert in weaponry because he’s got a shotgun in the house. Why? because the gungrabbers, through our beloved government, want ANY gun owner to be thrashed, bankrupted and imprisoned anytime someone dies, especially if the dead person is black and the shooter is white. Just ask Eric Holder.
I guess we should all be fine with drunken psychos ripping our screen doors off, then beating on the door continually and yelling loudly and repeatedly at 4:30am. After all, it’s an Obama world now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t see the two situations mutually exclusive.

A untrained person who just keeps a shotgun around for home protection might forget whether or not it was loaded. Remember, there was a time when people just bought and fired guns without having to jump through a thousand hoops. I know many such people. They have one or two guns handed down or purchased before the government started their steroidal rampage against the Second Amendment. These people really don’t know much about guns beyond point-and-click. They clean them once every ten years or so.
When non-gun guys and gals believe they’re under assault, the adrenalin flows. They might not have had the gun out in several years. They might forget to check to see if it’s loaded, if they even have time. They might forget to let the safety off. But what they DO know they can do is point that sucker at somebody and scare the beejeezus out of them so they run off. They also might accidentally pull the trigger, or they might pull it with the hope that it IS loaded, depending on the circumstances.
McBride put herself in the extremely drunken condition she was in. McBride negligently hit a parked car and fled. McBride put herself in the circumstances of fleeing the cops or seeking a ride. McBride put herself at that door. McBride banged on and tore or half-tore Wafer’s outer door off. McBride loudly yelled and yelled. McBride’s incredible self-indulgence, negligence and complete disregard for others brought about a situation wherein she scared the hell out of somebody and they shot her death. It doesn’t matter one iota to me if the shooting was accidental or if it was done intentionally out of fear.

Nobody in their right mind would do what she did. Yes, she was so drunk she may not have been in her right mind, but that isn’t Wafer’s fault or his responsibility. It’s McBride’s fault. She was her own keeper, as all adults are. She could have just as easily wrapped herself around a tree that night or run into a Mack truck or a building or off a bridge and died. Her condition and conduct were so egregiously negligent that anything that happened to her was a result of that. That her actions have severely screwed up another person’s life because the law became involved in it due to – horrors – a gun being used instead of an inanimate object like a tree is almost as sad as if she killed someone else with her vehicle."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks DrC... good stuff... obvious stuff if one views the facts with even a modicum of rational thought.

The trick is to get the basic facts of the situation across to 12 Detroit Dudes. :doh

To me the details that we will now see twisted and pulled and argued in Court for the next week or two are superfluous.

The "Gestalt" here is clear and simple. An innocent man, asleep in his own home was awoken at 4:30am to find his home (and his life) under attack. He reacted in a way most would.. with fear and a desire to protect himself. There is little doubt that the human psychological state of "Fight or flight" was in play.

The details in regards McBride are largely irrelevant. It really matters not that her previous "bad acts" (including another car crash into a home) are presented, nor even details of her character and "attitude" etc. It does not even matter what the details are of her alc binging and doping that night. It really does not matter WHERE she went for 3 and a half hours. The fact is that she presented at Wafer's home at 4:30am as a loud, belligerent and dangerous threat to his home and his very life.

(I saw you throw out the possibility that McBride simply lay comatose for most of the 3 and a half hours that she was "missing". I certainly don't dismiss that explanation either)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm 
ADMIN

Maggots on Renisha McBride's clothing not from rotting deer meat, medical examiner says
By Gus Burns
on July 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM, updated July 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

DETROIT, MI -- Days after Theodore Wafer shot and killed Renisha McBride on his porch in Dearborn Heights on Nov. 2, a crime scene evidence technician said he had to rid her clothes, then in a police evidence room, of maggots.

Officer Mark Parrinello said he plucked between six and eight maggots from the clothing in a room at the Dearborn Heights Police Department where they were drying after getting wet from rain on the night McBride, 19, of Detroit, died.

Wafer's attorney, Cheryl Carpenter, on the second day of trial drilled Parrinello about the department's seemingly slow investigation that didn't collect all of the pertinent evidence, such as the screen door Wafer shot McBride through, until nine days after the incident.

Carpenter raised worries about contamination and lost evidence, then asked about McBride's clothing being infested by maggots after sitting on a gurney next to rotting deer meat in the Dearborn Police Department.

Parrinello corrected Carpenter. The rotting deer meat and contamination occurred at the Wayne County morgue, he said.

Although the detail is unlikely to significantly impact the outcome of the trial, it is certainly odd that the Medical Examiner allegedly has rotting deer meat next to a homicide victim's body.

...more at link
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index ... es_cl.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm 
ADMIN

Drunken Trespassing - A case to compare (from 2001)

(Repeat I already posted a link to this case)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:10 pm 
ADMIN

Dopes like SideShow Bob see this case trial as a little boy "Who can piss up the wall highest" contest between Florida (GZ case) and Detroit (TW case) but I would be shocked if and any AMERICAN Jury did not dismissing this case in short order. It is CLEARLY a case of an innocent man, asleep in his own home disturbed by... whatever Renisha McBride was.. it matters not how "good" or how "bad" she was. It matters not what she might have been imagining in her befuddled state.
IF Bob is representative of the way people think in Detroit... then I would hope that Detroit is just an aberration and is not itself representative of the mindset in wider USA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 pm 
ADMIN

Defense Says Crime Scene Botched in Wafer Trial
Photographs, Evidence Collection Occurred days after Crime
Thandisizwe Chimurenga

Afternoon testimony in the trial of Ted Wafer for the death of Renisha McBride on July 24th revealed less than stellar evidence collection techniques, suggesting the Dearborn Heights Police Department may have botched the case.

The prosecution called to the stand some of the officers who first responded within minutes to Wafer’s home on Outer Drive, as well as a crime scene investigator, to paint a picture of what occurred in the moments, hours and days after the 55-year old airport maintenance worker shot the 19-year old McBride in the face with a shotgun.

Officer Tim Zawacki, a Dearborn Heights Police Officer for 19 years, testified he also “does basic evidence tech work” and was the first officer directed to take photos of the scene on Nov. 2, 2013. He remained on the scene once the medical examiners office arrived.

...more at link
http://tchimurenga.tumblr.com/post/9285 ... afer-trial

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:44 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:59 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I would be shocked if and any AMERICAN Jury did not dismissing this case in short order.

Prepare to be shocked, IMO.

I think he should walk, but I am fully expecting him to get convicted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next