It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 pm 

Ok, so Amber Jenkins, her boyfriend, and his friend were already "on our way" in the texts when Renisha told them she needed to go to "the spot" (weed house) first before they got there. Amber replied that she'd drive slow.

But then Amber says that her boyfriend and his friend weren't coming because they didn't have any money?

So who bought the alcohol later (Renisha and Amber were only 18 and 19)?

----------------------

And she and Renisha smoked three blunts by themselves in a period of only an hour and a half??? I've known some potheads in my day, but that's excessive for only two people.

----------------------

Then she says 'she' left because she wasn't participating in the game anymore... so Renisha was playing by herself?

Last edited by nivico on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 pm 

The footprints on the AC are probably Oscar's :83

Sorry I just couldn't resist,

Rumpole feel free to remove this at your leisure, as I don't want to confuse people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:55 pm 

Welcome Nivico,

From what I have read the State has a lot of explaining to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 am 

You Ladies and Gents are awesome! And I can imagine, being woke up from a dead sleep to banging on a door that normally in used and then going to other. Trying to find your phone banging. All this went down pretty quickly. Hindsight easy to try to justify. Thanks again Rumpole for letting us camp out at your house ;) So proud to see some more of OUR FAMILY here ;) . Ok will have to try catch up lil at time, worked 12 hrs helping and tomm and Friday, then wedding Friday night. Saturday, doing nothing but catching up with yall! Yall be good. Well I take that back, I hate being the one always getting fish whooped :Gslap Sending hugs :66 and need another pot of coffee ready to brew.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:26 am 

Carmelita wrote:
Welcome Nivico,

From what I have read the State has a lot of explaining to do.

The streaming feed didn't work for me... kept freezing up every couple of seconds.

I only caught a few minutes of the prosecution's opening (on YouTube) and none of the defense opening statement is available :59

The courtchatter site mentioned earlier is down too... grrr.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:20 am 

arkansasmimi wrote:
So proud to see some more of OUR FAMILY here ;)

Thanks for posting the info over at annette's... there's surprisingly little discussion or interest in the case?

Silver lining = thankfully at least Wafer isn't getting run through the ringers like GZ was.

Poor man is startled from sleep in the middle of the night by the sounds of someone trying to enter his home, and the prosecution has the nerve to stand in front of a jury and claim he caused the situation?! :wall

Last year it was "he shouldn't have gotten out of his car"

This year it's "he shouldn't have opened his door"

If this trend continues, next year it'll be "he shouldn't have resisted"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:10 am 
ADMIN

Welcome to RT, Nivco :give

Streaming was down everywhere.. but I did find tweets etc to update trial live, and will continue doing that.

It SEEMS a juror was shown on court feed and Judge had a hissy fit :59 and banned live feed.

She might? calm down? But if not, there will be some sort of live update.

TRIAL - Streaming links and live updates (NO DISCUSSION)
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=1289&p=79245#p79245

(I will send you a PM see "new messages" top left)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 am 

I'm a little confused.

Was the panel which consists of the screen and its frame still in the screen door's frame with a jagged hole in it when the police arrived or was it knocked or pulled out of the screen door frame (in which case prosecution's contention that the screen door frame was still locked is meaningless)?

Of course that would still leave the question of whether it got pulled out of the door frame by her or pushed out by the shotgun blast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 am 

According to the pre-trial defense witness the screen had to be in a lower position in order to line up with the gun shot wounds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 am 
ADMIN

State agree .... screen panel was OUT of frame. They contend the shotgun blast knocked it out. I cant give exact link but I recall that from State opening yesterday.
The Defense expert at pre-trial was VERY convincing.. ht of tear indicated screen frame was already out and dropped down 7" when shot fired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm 

Am I understanding this correctly...???

Defense can't show recent photos of McBride taken from her cellphone because they'd be too prejudicial...

...but the prosecution is allowed to use a picture of 12 year old McBride 'before' photo to contrast with gruesome 'after' photo and that's ~not~ prejudicial?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:54 pm 
ADMIN

Detroit Front Porch Shooting case: Day 2 Mid-Day Wrap-Up
Posted by Andrew Branca,Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 12:48pm

Law enforcement testimony suggests Wafer’s firing of the shotgun may have been unintentional, undercutting a legal defense of self-defense.

The State’s case against Wafer proceeded through several more witnesses today, including additional officers on scene as well as dash-cam video from a “Scout” patrol car, witnesses to McBride’s single-vehicle car crash some hours before the shooting, and the 911 dispatcher who took Wafer’s call.

To me the most relevant bits of testimony came at the start and end of the morning, both having to do with the notion that Wafer’s firing of the shotgun was unintentional.

...more at link
http://nblo.gs/YGG0Q

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:56 pm 
ADMIN

nivico wrote:
Am I understanding this correctly...???

Defense can't show recent photos of McBride taken from her cellphone because they'd be too prejudicial...

...but the prosecution is allowed to use a picture of 12 year old McBride 'before' photo to contrast with gruesome 'after' photo and that's ~not~ prejudicial?

Novel avatar pic, nivco

You got it right on evidence.. but who knows things might change? If State push the character stuff then perhaps Defence can argue to have some stuff admitted?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:08 pm 
ADMIN

Family members walk out as graphic photos show... then come back in a little later.

That sort of "Display" should be prevented by the Judge IMO. They should stay away altogether rather than put on a show for the Jury to see.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm 
ADMIN

They knew such pics would be shown. If they really felt unable to view they should have stayed out before this testimony. They were only gone a minute. The could have looked away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
Family members walk out as graphic photos show... then come back in a little later.

That sort of "Display" should be prevented by the Judge IMO. They should stay away altogether rather than put on a show for the Jury to see.

You'd think the prosecution would be sensitive enough to the feelings of the family to not just spring that sort of thing on them unannounced.

Unless, of course, they wanted to subject the jury to the spectacle of the family getting upset and leaving.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm 
ADMIN

The family "circus performance" from earlier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:09 pm 

Wow...

Didn't secure the scene, no log kept, didn't process the scene, didn't dust for prints, didn't think it was important, items of evidence contaminated by deer meat and maggots at medical examiner's

:34 :26 ... Shiping Bao and Diana Smith, y'all can come out now... we've got a new pair of CST and M.E. Darwin Award winners

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm 
ADMIN

Just when I thought I was past all that shonky stuff.. the dopes of Detroit pull me back in.

It's laughable on one level... but not at all funny for Wafer of course.

As I tweeted,,,, the dopey Detroit cameraman who showed a few seconds of half a Juror face looks like Einstein now compared to the Dearborn Keystone Kops :lol

Come on Detroit... I don't believe you are ALL as daft as "SideShow Bob".

Lets hope the Jurors (all races) will give this shonky investigation and prosecution case what it deserves...

Spoiler:
We, the 12 jurors, fart in the general direction of the prosecution case

:butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next