It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm 

Mal me too. I wonder if there will be any plea deals made? Does Martinez ever do that?

EVERYONE must be so weary of this case, especially the jury and the Alexander's.
SURELY the jury wants OUT of this insanity!!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm 

If they really wanted out, they could have checked the "hung jury" box instead of asking the Judge the question today or spending the whole day deliberating. I think (hope) they want to finish what they started.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:48 pm 

GOOD Mal. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:49 pm 

Quote:
At this point, I'd rather they agree on something, so the Alexanders can move on.

I would offer her natural life, no parole, no appeals, assign all rights/income from story, book, artwork, etc. to heirs of victim as restitution. To execute her, you probably have to appeal from the 9th circuit to SCOTUS. Family would have to read about her whining for 30 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm 

That deal sounds perfect to me, but I doubt she'd take it. The reason she gave for going to trial is that the state would not agree to her pleading to 2nd degree murder. IMO, I think she'd rather take her chances that she may get life with parole or is hoping that the appeals will overturn the verdict or retry her, etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm 

I was so upset I took a nap. I just woke up. Thanks for some posts to read. Thanks KJ for putting up some interviews. They are all I have seen.

I'm still betting on the death penalty.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 pm 
ADMIN

kjnelson wrote:
NEW RULE: If jurors can't agree, then the court must take a public poll. :98

It may well work in THIS case.... but I can NOT go along with it as a rule;

"The Public" are Morons.... Ref: Justarse Quest, and HLN

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 pm 

Maltese Mama wrote:
That deal sounds perfect to me, but I doubt she'd take it. The reason she gave for going to trial is that the state would not agree to her pleading to 2nd degree murder. IMO, I think she'd rather take her chances that she may get life with parole or is hoping that the appeals will overturn the verdict or retry her, etc.

Then she could take a chance on Juan striking a new panel. Change venue down to my neck of the woods. :smoke

I think Juan would do what the family wants either way.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 pm 

I think so too, MBTB. Image

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 pm 
ADMIN

Arias lives another day
By Graham Winch
updated 9:25 PM EDT, Wed May 22, 2013
NEED TO KNOW

Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial failed to determine her fate Wednesday and will
resume deliberations at 1 p.m. ET Thursday.

The jurors in the Jodi Arias trial have deliberated for a total of seven hours and 11 minutes spanning two days, and have not reach a decision about whether Arias will live or die Wednesday. They will resume their deliberations at 1:00 p.m. ET Thursday.

Earlier Wednesday, the jury informed Judge Sherry Stephens that they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether Arias lives or dies -- but the convicted murderer could still get the death penalty.

Stephens gave the jury a "dynamite charge" instruction she said she hoped would help the jury reach a verdict, and ordered them to resume deliberating.

The objective of a "dynamite charge" is to spur the jury into reaching a unanimous decision. HLN's Nancy Grace says a "dynamite charge" basically tells the jurors to go back and do their job.

Before beginning to deliberate Wednesday, Judge Sherry Stephens read an instruction about the meaning of life in prison that was inadvertently left out of the jury instructions Tuesday.

"The judge read a instruction to them, regarding life in prison. Each attorney, Jennifer Willmott and Juan Martinez gave a brief argument with Jennifer also getting a brief rebuttal. Jennifer argued that a life term would essentially mean life, because there is no procedure in place that would allow Arias to be paroled," said HLN's producer Grace Wong.

They deliberated for around an hour-and-a-half Tuesday about whether to sentence Jodi Arias to death via lethal injection before leaving for the day.

....more at link
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/21 ... -statement

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:32 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
It may well work in THIS case.... but I can NOT go along with it as a rule;

"The Public" are Morons.... Ref: Justarse Quest, and HLN

I have been hearing some things on HLN about the Zimmerman trial coming up. Not nice. HLN and the pundits will go after Zimmerman for sure during that trial. He'll be the new Jodi Arias and doesn't deserve that.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 pm 

I wish there could be photos of the dead Travis all around the jury's room. They have agreed it wasn't SELF DEFENSE, so then it was a vicious, frenzied insane BUTCHERING! At least we know that much. THANK GOD she got Murder 1.

Why are they having a hard time with this? Did someone lie about being D.P. qualified because they wanted to get on the jury, write a book, etc.? Can they elect to get off now, and have an alternative replace them? There are still some left aren't there? IS that an alternative here?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 pm 

Joni wrote:
I wish there could be photos of the dead Travis all around the jury's room. They have agreed it wasn't SELF DEFENSE, so then it was a vicious, frenzied insane BUTCHERING! At least we know that much. THANK GOD she got Murder 1.

Why are they having a hard time with this? Did someone lie about being D.P. qualified because they wanted to get on the jury, write a book, etc.? Can they elect to get off now, and have an alternative replace them? There are still some left aren't there? IS that an alternative here?

Actually I don't think 9 hours of deliberation is that long. They are saying 7 1/2 hours on TV, but there was 2 hours the first day too. We just think it's long.

This is the jury. Alternates can't just replace a juror unless there is some problem with a juror like being sick.

I do remember one case where there was a juror refusing to deliberate with the other jurors. The jurors went to the judge and that juror ended up replaced by an alternate. Jurors must deliberate.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm 

John_Galt wrote:

I would offer her natural life, no parole, no appeals, assign all rights/income from story, book, artwork, etc. to heirs of victim as restitution. To execute her, you probably have to appeal from the 9th circuit to SCOTUS. Family would have to read about her whining for 30 years.

Yep, and one more thing. No more freaking media interviews. Not one more second of camera or microphone time for the remainder of her unnatural life.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:39 pm 

The jury arrived this morning and went into the jury room. Some had bags of food. Deliberations started and shortly there after they were called into the court room. The judge than read the jury instruction that had to do with life with parole. She said she had forgotten to read that to them.

They go back to deliberate and shortly after that they had a question. They told the judge they were unable to reach a unanimous decision. How did that happen after a short time deliberating?

I think they had already decided life and when they were made aware of the possible 25 year parole, it changed some of the jurors to vote death. When sent back to deliberate more they did and are still doing that.

That could force them to vote death or hang because none of them want her out in 20 years with time served. I don't know if they have gain time in Arizona for good behavior.

This could be making the deliberations hard now for them. Just a guess.

They did deliberate through lunch today.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:45 pm 

Hopefully it will push all 12 to vote the DP. I was willing to let Jodi baby live yesterday ... until I heard she was lining up more interviews. That tore it for me. She needs to go away. The Alexander family has earned the right to never have to look at her smug ugly mug again in this life or the next. Put her on death row with no one to talk to but herself and let her try to hang onto what's left of her disordered personality while the appeals process drags out.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:08 am 

I feel the same as you. Those interviews did it for me too. I am thinking we may just see the DP. A tweet from Sheriff Joe to Drew was about they gave her her first amendment rights with the interviews, but there will be no more.

I love that sweet face on your avatar.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:12 am 
ADMIN

I hope Jodi GETS THE POINT........

For most human beings.... if you asked a sample of 12 people...

Is this person so evil we should kill them?

The answer would be "NO" without hesitation.

For Jodi........ they have to think about it for 9 hours or more... clearly SOME want her DEAD!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 am 

Here is one of her interviews. She is REALLY starting to make me ill with her talking, games, lying, getting over, playing Mother Teresa and Mary Poppins when we KNOW she is Lizzie Borden!!!

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... th-penalty

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:09 am 
ADMIN

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase: May 23, 2013 Jury Deliberations Continue

1:00PM (4:00PM EST)

Usual Links

Arizona Central Live Streaming:
http://www.azcentral.com/live/

HLN Live Blog:
http://www.hlntv.com/clusters/jodi-aria ... -live-blog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next