It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:29 am 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Quote:
jason says:
May 8, 2015 at 1:45 am

Is this not odd to anyone else? Screencap taken from cctv video 728 at the ‘Donta Allen’ stop, shows 5 officers checking in on Freddie Gray’s compartment in the van with 1 bike officer at the front of the van. Since 2 of the 6 officers charged were the bike officers from the initial arrest, that would mean at least 1 additional officer was involved in checking Gray but for whatever reason, has not been charged. The number of ‘new’ officers could be even higher as it’s not clear if say the bike officer at the Donta stop is one of the 2 from original arrest, or if the others looking in aren’t other un-named players wrt Freddie Gray.

Does this point to even more sloppy work on Mosby’s part?

4 of the 6 charged, note the 2 bike officers

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:17 am 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Jack Cashill Asks: Just Who Was the Man in Freddie Gray’s Van?

Posted on May 8, 2015 by sundance

Jack Cashill – On Wednesday, April 29, Peter Hermann of the Washington Post published a well-sourced article, headlined, “Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray ‘was intentionally trying to injure himself.'”

Hermann based this story on an affidavit contained in an application for a search warrant that had been sealed by the court. According to the document, written by a Baltimore police investigator, the unnamed prisoner, a 38-year-old man accused of violating a protective order, could hear Gray from his side of the van. The man heard “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that Gray “was intentionally trying to injure himself.”

The Post received the document under the condition that the person testifying not be named. As Hermann reported, “[t]he person who provided it feared for the inmate’s safety.” That fear was understandable. Many people have a vested interest in preserving the illusion of Gray’s martyrdom at the hands of a cruel and/or callous police department.

If anything, the fact that the man in question was currently in prison increased the risk factor.

Under pressure from Politico and other sources, the Hermann article changed in the days to come, but in a perplexing way. Now, a Google search for the headline “Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray ‘was intentionally trying to injure himself” leads to a Hermann article headlined “Prisoner in van heard ‘banging against walls.'”

The implication is that these two articles are the same with one minor “correction” – namely, that the prisoner was not the anonymous 38-year-old, but rather “22-year-old Donta Allen.”

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... grays-van/

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:51 pm 

U.S. Attorney General Lynch has begun an investigation into whether the Baltimore Police Department has violated the U.S. Constitution.

Will Attorney General Lynch investigate U.S. President Obama for violating the U.S. Constitution; by changing the Congress passed Affordable Care Act; by giving general amnesty to millions of individuals, and by entering into treaties with foreign nations without Senate approval?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:52 pm 
ADMIN

Police union wants Rawlings-Blake investigated too
By Justin Fenton The Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore Fraternal Order of Police said they welcome the Department of Justice's civil rights investigation of the police department - and want them to expand the review to include Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the FOP said they "look forward to working with [DOJ] representatives to heal the wounds of our city, and to improve the relationships between the community and our department."

It goes on to say that they should "also consider expanding the scope of their review to include the practices and policies of the Mayor of Baltimore."

"In her sixth year in office, Mayor Rawlings-Blake is the leader of all city agencies, including the Baltimore Police Department, and we believe that her leadership of, and involvement in, the Police Department also deserves evaluation."

They say the Justice Department's review of police in Ferguson, Mo. following the fatal shooting of Michael Brown included a review of the city's government.

"We agree that the same is required in Baltimore," the statement says.

...more at link
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:24 pm 
ADMIN

Teen charged with rioting at Freddie Gray march released on $500,000 bail
By Luke Broadwater and Jessica Anderson The Baltimore Sun

Allen Bullock, the 18-year-old accused of smashing a traffic cone through the windshield of a police cruiser last month, was released from jail Thursday on a $500,000 bail -- higher than the six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.

Bullock is charged with eight counts, including rioting and malicious destruction of property stemming from a protest that turned violent downtown on April 25. He was released after his family was able to raise money from around the world, according to his attorney Brandon Mead.

"He's got a very stable two-parent home," Mead said. "He’s got a ton of family support. He’s got a ton of community support. Many from around the country and the world are supporting this young man."

Bullock's parents encouraged him to turn himself in after seeing images of him in the media, they said

“He turned himself in. That’s not even right,” said Maurice Hawkins, who is engaged Bullock’s mother. “They are trying to make an example out of him. They are trying to say my son started it. He’s 18 years-old. He’s just a teenager.”

Hawkins said the family had previously not been able to get him out of jail due to the high bail.

“He’s doing OK. He’s taking one day at a time. There’s nothing he can do. That’s a ransom. That’s a high bail,” he said during a phone interview earlier this week.

The online fundraising site, life.indiegogo.com, shows that 345 people have donated $8,800 toward Bullock's release.

...more at link
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:49 pm 

Did any of the donors for Allen Bullock's bail send a dollar in memory of Bill Bratton?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:15 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

BREAKING: Lawyer For Charged Baltimore Officer Files Motion to have Marilyn Mosby recuse herself…

We have outlined exhaustive evidence of why Marilyn Mosby should recuse herself from prosecution of the Baltimore Six.

Officer Edward Nero’s lawyer has just filed a 107 page motion containing those reasons and many more:

CBS (WBAL-TV) Reports:

[The motion] gives five reasons, including the seizing of personal gain by Mosby and her husband, personal relationships with individuals who will be witnesses at trial, the role of her office as the investigators, the pending civil claim against Mosby and her office, and the financial interest of the attorney for the Gray family, who they claim is a close friend of Mosby.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... e-herself/

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:38 pm 
ADMIN

H/T txconservativemomof2

As well as above mentioned.. motion to recuse, there is also a motion to dismiss charges

Motion to Dismiss filed today, May 8, 2015, on behalf of all 6:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocument/p1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

The Freddie Gray Transport Van – Reconciling Disparate Witnesses…

How did we miss this?

Look closely at the picture. What do you see?

This Chevy Express Police Transport Van comes in a three-door/three passenger compartment configuration. Baltimore has vans in this configuration and was using this van to transport Freddie Gray.

This becomes important when you are reconciling the conflicting story between:

A) The Washington Post ear witness (38-year-old, picked up on violation of PPO, currently in jail, and gave affidavit as used in BPD investigation search warrant) who heard “Freddie Gray” trying to injure himself.
-AND-
    B) The WBAL-TV ear witness (22-year-old Donta Allen) who previously made the New York media TV circuit and claimed a smooth ride only hearing a little bit of “Freddie Bumping his head”.

Additionally important is the procedural detainee “LOAD SEQUENCE” used for a 3 compartment transport van (which was used for Freddie Gray) as outlined in Baltimore Police Procedure, and confirmed by our own independent sourcing.

As you have now famously seen, prisoner compartment #2 was Freddie Gray (pictured below being loaded into compartment #2).

However, this makes Freddie Gray the SECOND occupant of the transport being loaded into compartment #2. Compartment #1 already occupied.

Compartment #3 would be used for the THIRD passenger, which would be (if accurate) Donta Allen at 1600 W. North Ave.

....more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... witnesses/

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH...

Major Update: After this article was posted we became aware of new information as outlined in an attachment to the Motion for Recusal filed by attorneys for the Baltimore Six [Exhibit 7].

It now appears the Washington Post article was flawed in that the reporter took the information above and did some background research to further identify and/or validate the source document. There was a 38-year-old person, picked up in Baltimore on the same day, based on charges of a Personal Protection Order (PPO). The 38-year-old has the same last name as Donta Allen.

This, we believe, was the source of the original conflict contained within the April 29th Washington Post article as compared to the WBAL-TV identification of the witness the following day April 30th.

Donta Allen is 22-years-old, and is factually affirmed to be the passenger in the vehicle with Freddie Gray, according to the affidavit which The Washington Post referenced in their initial article.

The description the Washington Post originally associated with Donta Allen is not correct, and in fact corresponds to another person. Mystery solved. Therefore what follows below can be disregarded.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:52 am 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

Baltimore Police Motion for Dismissal/Recusal Shows Stark Conflicts of Interest Between SA Mosby and Freddie Gray Family Attorney…
Posted on May 9, 2015 by sundance

IT STARTS WITH A LIE – William “Billy” Murphy Jr. is the attorney for the Freddie Gray family. He appeared on Fox News with Chris Wallace last Sunday (05/03) answering questions about his financial contributions to Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby.

During his appearance William “Billy” Murphy said he never contributed to Mosby’s campaign. “the contribution didn’t come from me, it came from my son“. (See the video at :56)

Chris Wallace and Billy Murphy On Baltimore, Freddie Gray Case Fox News Sunday

[....]
Good grief !! William Murphy Jr. WAS MOSBY’S ATTORNEY in the complaint and response filing.

How can Mosby and Murphy possibly say that a conflict of interest doesn’t exist when just a few months ago Marilyn Mosby was a client of William Murphy Jr.?

Now William “Billy” Murphy represents the family of Freddie Gray who have a vested financial interest (civil action) in the outcome of the decisions made by another of his clients, Marilyn Mosby, in her capacity as Baltimore State Attorney.

...more at link
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -attorney/

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm 
ADMIN

Hume: Baltimore mayor's emphasis is on reforming police

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:55 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
In regards the question of putting seatbelt on Gray.....

A seat belt rule requiring cops to get in that confined space with perps is NUTS.. and unworkable. NOBODY in his right mind would do that very often.. certainly not ever for multiple perps or single belligerent ones. The risks are just too high.. of being assaulted, spat on.. bitten.. HIV and all that. High risk of a perp geting hold of officer's weapon.. especially if more than one perp in the compartment. Blame the system and equipment provided. I imagine that in the normal course of events perps might chose to belt themselves in? I doubt that even.. most if not all would be cuffed.

IF there is to be restraints used now.. I dont think a rule requiring cops to belt each perp in will ever work. They would have to design some restraining bar (like on roller coaster rides etc).. and re-equip all paddy wagons... that aint gonna happen very soon.

For the last few days I've been watching marathons of the TV Cops episodes. (Once in a while I have to take a break and watch something where the good guys win.) Quite a number of times I've seen them load prisoners into the same type of vans that Gray rode in. In none of them did I see them attach seatbelts on anyone. It does seem to be SOP.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:21 pm 

In the last 18 months 171 police officers have died in the line of duty yet all we hear from the protards and liberals is an imaginary police war on black people

https://www.odmp.org

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm 
ADMIN

H/T ackbarsays

A Spring Assist Knife vs. An Automatic Switchblade

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 pm 
ADMIN

Very informative video

I have lead a sheltered life.. never handled such knives... I did at one stage think it would be "cool" to get one... I carry a small pocket knife for legitimate "Boy Scout" reasons.. just thought it would look cool to press a button THEN peel my apple.. or whatever LOL

not available anywhere I looked

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH....

Summary of Paddy wagon trip

Pickup Freddie Gray – Goodson Driving:

Stop #1, restraints and paperwork (Baker Street – Rice, Nero and Miller)

Stop #2, check on Freddie (Mosher Street and Fremont Avenue – Goodson alone)

Stop #3, check on Freddie, Goodson calls dispatch (Dolphin Street and Druid Hill Avenue – joined by Officer Porter)

Stop #4, pick up Donta Allen, call EMS (North Ave, Nero, Miller, Porter, then White meet Goodson)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:40 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
sundance says:
May 10, 2015 at 8:31 pm

It is important to note that a review of current factual information now essentially confirms that Donta Allen was the second person WITH Freddie Gray, who took off running.

The specificity of the same officers, Rice, Miller and Nero capturing “the other prisoner”, which is now confirmed as factual to be Donta Allen, solidifies this aspect.

This ALSO means Donta has a vested interest in a very specific outcome to the story.

No-one has yet reported on the fact that Donta and Freddie were together when initially spotted by police.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:50 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I have lead a sheltered life.. never handled such knives... I did at one stage think it would be "cool" to get one... I carry a small pocket knife for legitimate "Boy Scout" reasons.. just thought it would look cool to press a button THEN peel my apple.. or whatever LOL
LOL!

Real men carry pocket knives ;) My dad did, my husband does and I am always borrowing it for this or that. And then there are those who carry mace. :Gslap

My dad employed about 40 Mexicans and from what I remember they all carried switch blades. When I worked for him, I can remember them showing off the fancy handles and inscriptions, then opening them to show the blade. That was years ago and my introduction to the illegal knives.

:OT Nah

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 pm 
ADMIN

Molly Image Rumpole

I have a very small one :eek

.. Swiss Army Knife that is :lol

Size does matter :roll

Intentionally small.. that way I can carry it when "traveling light"... shorts and T-shirt

I think it's called a "Wine waiter's knife" has EVERYTHING I need.. a sharp blade.. corkscrew to open wine, crown cap opener for beer... and a screwdriver but not much call for that. Gnomesayin? :cool

Oh.. and.. toothpick... used often.. and tweezers? WTF needs tweezers :slap

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next