It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 am 
ADMIN

Fundraising for Ferguson officer halted pending advice on paying legal bills
By Christine Byers

ST. LOUIS - A police charity has stopped taking donations for Darren Wilson — the Ferguson officer at the center of a national shooting controversy — until determining the tax implications of spending proceeds on his legal bills, organizers said Tuesday.

“There is nothing sinister going on,” said Jeff Roorda, a board member speaking for Shield of Hope, a nonprofit arm of the Fraternal Order of Police. “We just may have to make it a legal fund rather than a charitable fund, but it all depends on what the tax folks have to say.”

Neil Bruntrager, an attorney for the St. Louis Police Officers’ Association, which is Lodge 68 of the Fraternal Order of Police, characterized the donations as “fairly small amounts, but a lot of them.”

“When you are talking about money of that kind of magnitude, you want it to withstand any and all scrutiny that might come along with it,” Bruntrager said. “Before it’s distributed, there can be tax implications.”

Roorda said fundraising would resume after the organization received answers from the Missouri attorney general’s office and the Missouri Fraternal Order of Police about whether donations spent on legal matters remain tax-deductible.

...more at link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 74943.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 am 
ADMIN

Lawsuits seek Ferguson victim's juvenile records
The Associated Press - By ALAN SCHER ZAGIER - Associated Press

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) —
Lingering questions about Michael Brown could be answered Wednesday when a judge considers two media requests to release any possible juvenile records of the unarmed 18-year-old who was killed by a Missouri police officer last month.

Juvenile records are confidential in Missouri, so it's not definitively known if Brown was arrested before he legally became an adult. Police have said Brown had no adult criminal record. The family's attorney, Benjamin Crump, has refused to discuss whether Brown had a juvenile record.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and a California online journalist have filed separate petitions in St. Louis County Family Court to determine whether Brown had past legal trouble. Both cite an overriding public right to know Brown's background after his shooting death by Ferguson officer Darren Wilson sparked more than a week of sometimes-violent protests and drew international scrutiny.

The more basic argument boils down to the question of whether Brown's privacy rights extend beyond the grave.

...more at link
http://start.toshiba.com/news/read/cate ... records-ap

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm 

I think their PayPal link is still working for donations:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 4G6STMS3KW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm 
ADMIN

Thanks seeing eye, but did you try it?

The Gofundme site looked to be working when I last looked... you had to click on donate before you got message that it was not taking more donations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm 
ADMIN

Juvenile court: Michael Brown had no serious felony convictions, did not face felony charges

CLAYTON • Michael Brown was never found delinquent of the juvenile equivalents of any Class A or B felony charges, and was not facing any at the time he died, a court official said this morning at a hearing on whether his juvenile records should be released.

The Post-Dispatch had filed a petition in St. Louis County Circuit Court to unseal any records about him in family court, if any existed.

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seeley, argued against releasing those records, but acknowledged that there were no convictions or active cases for the most serious types of felonies.

Class A felonies include second-degree murder and first-degree robbery; the penalties in adult court range from 10 years in prison to death. Class B felonies include voluntary manslaughter, second-degree robbery and first-degree burglary, with a maximum penalty of five to 15 years.

...more at link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... witterfeed

It is not known whether Brown had ever been accused of lesser offenses; any record of those would be part of a confidential family court file.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:17 pm 

Well, there were no felony convictions or active cases. That settles it!

(Pay no attention to the closed cases. There's nothing to see here. Move along...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:32 pm 
ADMIN

I am skeptical too Chip, especially in the light of what Sundance discovered in regards Trayvon Martin.

But... it does put to rest some wild twitter speculation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:35 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
I am skeptical too Chip, especially in the light of what Sundance discovered in regards Trayvon Martin.

But... it does put to rest some wild twitter speculation.

I guess it depends on the nature of that wild speculation. I avoid Twitter swamps.

If it has to do with a potential second-degree murder charge: the announcement means/proves nothing. He could have been charged, and the charges dropped, or there could have been a plea deal, or any number of things not covered by "no felony convictions or open cases".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:17 pm 

Played the shooting audio for my attorney boss a bunch of times and showed him a spectragram of it and he told me two things...... 1) it's fake and 2) the first volley is looped

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:13 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.. comment on attempt to get MB Juvenile records... and general case discussion.

Mike Brown Criminal Record – Juvenile Court Official “No Class A or B Felony Convictions”…… Gee, ya think?
Posted on September 3, 2014 by sundance

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -ya-think/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:21 pm 
ADMIN

Some interesting lines of "discovery" at CTH..

eg "man under the trees" spotted.. possibly DJ...

Also another still from Robbery video... I wonder who that is for?

I still would not convict DJ of having a left wrist bracelet in the video (beyond reasonable doubt) :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:24 pm 
ADMIN

Quote:
And as we gather more and more factual information *THIS OUTLINE is coming closer from the horizon. Officer Wilson taking pursuit position walking East down the southside edge of the roadway while keeping two suspects in his line of sight simultaneously.

Two Suspects – One Hides behind vehicle. Second suspect tells the First to run, and then draws the officer’s attention with an intimidating approach – allowing the second to flee.

*THIS OUTLINE
Quote:
VegasGuy says:
September 3, 2014 at 12:46 pm

From Brady interview.
As they took off DJ ducks behind a White car. MB continues running down the street. PO walks past the White car and appears to ignore DJ.

IMO Wilson did not ignore DJ. That would not be protocol if MB were a significant distance away and retreating. I estimate DJ to be 25-35 feet away from the SUV.

My guess is Wilson is positioned with DJ just at his left and orders DJ to the ground. He is at an angle where he can control DJ and still watch MB, who now has stopped running . MB attempts to distract Wilson in a “rescue attempt” for DJ, and moves towards them to distract Wilson.

I think this where the “run Bro..Keep running” actually comes into play. Wilson lets off 4 shots at an advancing MB and I believe 1 shot catches MB right arm. .That is the “flinch” in TM/PG story. DJ scrambles and disappears with Wilson now again focused on MB.
Ala the BC hidden witness …Dude kept comin’…I’m thinking he’s missin…Other dude takes off runnin….

IMO 1 of those shots from the first volley hits MB right arm and causes a flinch. Wilson again taking same long steps in a double grip firing position could have closed the distance by 25 – 30 feet and MB continuing to advance would close it by that amount or more to bring them within 30 – 40 feet of each other. Wilson then lets off the final 4 shots with MB still in forward motion.

It is at this exact point that Brady exits and sees what appears to be MB balled over, BUT the shots were already fired. He certainly heard them but his mind placed them after the fact when they were IMO before the fact.

IMO Brady gives a truthful version. I believe he began to exit just at the first volley and really did not see Wilson fire, emerge at the second volley and did not see MB advancing.
His mind was just using confirmation bias in an attempt to reconcile the action.

In his interview where he is wearing a white shirt” at 10:50 in the interview: A snippet of Tiffany interview is played for Brady. She says Hand up…Officer advances and fires shots. .Brady is asked to comment on that.

What he says is both a bit telling and adds credence to my analysis) The commenter asks “is that what you saw?” (the hands raised and the officer firing) Brady says “Hum well, I really did not see his hands up.. like I say he (MB) probably …umm…I really didn’t see his hands up…by the time I gets outside…I just saw that he was hit in his stomach (makes the animation of his hands to his stomach)…he was already looking like he was going down….and the officer lets off a few more shots…“SO I REALLY DID MISS THE HANDS GO UP ON THAT ONE” He missed (as in the incident was already over by the time he got outside)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:27 pm 

It's not a wrist bracelet. It is a narrow, silicone band, of a beige-gold type color, e.g.:
http://www.wrist-band.com/colors.php

It would be very difficult to pick up on camera, which is why I only caught it in one frame.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:07 pm 
ADMIN

The good news is... I could not say beyond doubt that he i NOT wearing somthing on his left wrist. That is progress. :)

Full disclosure: I am "color blind" (common red/green deficiency) and my eyesight is not as sharp as when I was younger. The later is not a big deal I have spectacles to correct that.

As I said I am VERY skeptical of things "found" in grainy blurred evidence photos. I have seen what amounts to Hysteria as people find stuff in such photos. It is in most cases an illustration of "Pareidolia". a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant.

During Anthony case I took to finding KITTENS in every photo to illustrate the point:

eg
Spoiler:
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm 

"common red/green deficiency"

You should be able to take care of that right here. http://www.redgreen.com/
Make sure to have lots of duck tape.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:38 pm 

In Missouri, Class D felonies are crimes such as fraud, RESISTING ARREST, passing a bad check.(My bold)

from here:
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/re ... -class.htm

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 pm 
ADMIN

Justice Dept. to probe Ferguson police force
By Sari Horwitz, Carol D. Leonnig and Kimberly Kindy
September 3 at 7:59 PM

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. will launch this week a broad civil rights investigation into the Ferguson, Mo., Police Department, according to two federal law enforcement officials.

The investigation, which could be announced as early as Thursday afternoon, will be conducted by the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and follow a process similar to that used to investigate other police departments across the country, the officials said.

...more at link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 pm 

This is a spectrographic view to the alleged audio recording of actual shooting of Michael Brown. Just like with Crump-A-Dump's recording of Rachel Jeantel you can see at least two edits plain as day! ( you can see starts and stops in the recording...... the recording is not continuous.)
http://imgur.com/SS0oAhS

Last edited by kingkazpur on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 pm 
ADMIN

Plain as day? Please explain WHAT is plain as day?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:54 pm 
ADMIN

THE FOURTH ESTATE
What actually happened in Ferguson
Exclusive: Jack Cashill advises CNN's Don Lemon to monitor Conservative Treehouse
Published: 3 hours ago

I wonder if major media executives are savvy enough to be embarrassed by the unpaid citizen journalists who have subverted their high price monopoly on the news.

Does it trouble these executives, I wonder, that people who care about the truth go anywhere but CNN or ABC or the New York Times to find it?

Do they know that on subjects that deal with race – as the major media proved again in Ferguson, Missouri – the best informed Americans consider their coverage to be not just inadequate but preposterous?

To get the skinny on Ferguson I turn, as I did on the Zimmerman case, to the alternative media and especially to my pals at the blogging collective known as the Conservative Treehouse.

Their task, as one of their bloggers put it, is “to deconstruct the narrative, to find out who all the people were behind the curtain.”

In the case of Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson, as with Trayvon Martin’s in Sanford, Florida, the Treepers have pulled back the curtain as a team.

One Treeper posts, and the other members and their allies comment. Unlike many such sites, the goal is not just to air gripes. The goal at the Treehouse is to analyze existing data, add information and, finally, to solve problems.

The Treepers believe that at just about noon on Aug. 9 Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson attacked officer Darren Wilson as he attempted to exit his SUV.

...more at link
http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/what-actuall ... -ferguson/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 52  Next