It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 pm 

jayjerome wrote:
Would Wilson have been advised by his lawyer(s) not to show for the drug case? If so, anyone know what the reasoning would be? And who's representing him?

And one more question about Wilson's legal situation: if the grand jury doesn't indict, what other legal entanglements would he face, aside from the certain civil case the family will bring?

I strongly doubt the family will bring a civil case if the Grand Jury returns a No Bill for criminal indictment. Missouri statutorily provides for those who use deadly force in self-defense to recoup court costs in civil litigation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 pm 
ADMIN

H/T Froggie....

"the Court suspends Respondent’s license indefinitely." Dorian Johnson needs a new lawyer LOL
http://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=78737

Quote:
September 30, 2014

Supreme Court Case No. SC94121

In re: Freeman R. Bosley Jr, MBE No. 29341

O R D E R

Now at this day, the Court being sufficiently advised of and concerning the premises and having
considered the complete record of the Disciplinary Hearing Panel and this cause having been fully
briefed and argued thereafter;

The Court finds that Respondent, Freeman R. Bosley, Jr., Missouri Bar No. 29341, violated Rules 4-
1.3, 4-1.15(a), 4-1.15(b), 4-1.15(d), 4-1.15(f) and 4-8.4(c) of the Rules of Professional Conduct and
should be disciplined.

Upon consideration of these findings, previous decisions of this Court, ABA Standards for
Imposing Lawyer Discipline, and aggravating and mitigating circumstances, the Court suspends
Respondent’s license indefinitely. No petition for reinstatement shall be entertained for a period of six
months from the date of this order.

Fee pursuant to Rule 5.19(h) in the amount of $1,000.00 payable to the Clerk of this Court to the
credit of the Advisory Committee taxed to Respondent.

It is further ordered that Respondent, Freeman R. Bosley, Jr., comply in all respects with Rule
5.27-Procedure Following a Disbarment or Suspension Order.

Costs taxed to Respondent.

Day - to - Day

Mary R. Russell
Chief Justice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:58 pm 

:98 Like lawyer, like client? :98

A quick reading of the state Supreme Court citations indicates the lawyer wasn't handling clients representation diligently, wasn’t safekeeping client property, or properly keeping records pertaining to client trust accounts, and was engaging in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation.

Hands Up! Drop that Loot!

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 pm 

Long day and the Freeman R. Bosley, Jr. news has made me laugh my ass off. This is worse than a parody.

:28

:Gslap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm 

Truly a drama of error's

Initially, a three-member panel appointed by the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel called for a minimum two-year suspension because Bosley admitted in court Dec. 9 that he mishandled clients’ funds. It also noted Bosley combined personal and client funds, used trust account money to pay personal expenses and failed to keep accurate records.

Imagine someone connected to this gravy train being accused of misappropriating funds :26

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09 ... -ferguson/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:44 am 

In addition to Freeman Bosley having his license suspended he is also facing a malpractice suit

ST. LOUIS • While attorney Freeman R. Bosley Jr. awaits a state panel’s decision on his punishment for mishandling clients’ funds, a former client is suing the onetime St. Louis mayor for mishandling his lawsuit....
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/colu ... 87a0a.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am 
ADMIN

St. Louis to forgive about 220,000 warrants for nonviolent municipal offenses
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor

ST. LOUIS • Offenders of the city’s municipal laws with outstanding warrants soon will get a free pass.

St. Louis officials plan to announce that the city’s municipal court will automatically clear outstanding warrants for nonviolent ordinance violations and allow offenders to reset the court dates without a fee so long as they act by year’s end, making it the most progressive warrant forgiveness program in the region.

About 220,000 outstanding warrants issued before Oct. 1 in the city will automatically be forgiven, according to Jeff Rainford, the chief of staff to Mayor Francis Slay. He said the announcement was planned for today.

Rainford said the novel approach comes from conversations in the wake of the unrest in Ferguson, where many advocates of the poor complain that some residents are burdened by steep court fines and saddled with warrants for minor offenses.

...more at link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 8b147.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm 
ADMIN

From CTH.....

FBI and County Investigation Into Mike Brown Shooting Death Complete….
Posted on October 1, 2014 by sundance

We essentially already knew this because Darren Wilson has testified to the Grand Jury already. Wilson would traditionally be nearly the last to be questioned. The prosecutor is now confirming the investigation is over. Now they need to time the release of the Grand Jury decision in an attempt to minimize the looting and violence.

(CNN) –
The investigation into the controversial shooting death of unarmed teenager Michael Brown by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb has been completed, the St. Louis County prosecutor’s office said Wednesday.

Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed the 18-year-old in the middle of the day on August 9 after allegedly telling Brown and a friend to get out of the street.

Authorities could have charged Wilson themselves by filing a criminal complaint, but St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch instead opted to present the case to a grand jury to decide whether to indict the officer.

“The investigation has been basically completed that is being conducted by both the FBI and St. Louis County PD,” Ed Magee, the spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, told CNN.

A grand jury is expected to decide by the middle of next month if Wilson will be charged criminally for the shooting, which sparked weeks of unrest on the streets of Ferguson and calls for a federal civil rights investigation. ......

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/01/justi ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:27 pm 

Loose threads:

I still don't get why Michael Brown stole those cigars.

Why cigars? In the Trayvon Martin case an explanation for the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night was made, that mixed with cough syrup it could get you high. What's the significance of those cigars? Are they some gang related status symbol?

Or could Brown have been in the early stages of some kind of mental disorder, like schizophrenia, whose symptoms include impulsive acts (swiping cigars), angry outbursts (roughing up the clerk), and hallucinations (didn't he claim he was seeing angles?). That would explain a lot, including rushing an armed cop while your hands are in the air. The news media tried to access his juvie court records, but did anyone try to access his medical records for mental breakdown problems?

-Dashiell Hammett

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:37 pm 
ADMIN

Apparently Cigarillos are standard component of a "Blunt".. remove tobacco an insert Marijuana. Trayvon was attempting to buy same it was alleged. So... MB blunt same same as TM Watermelon Drink and skittles.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:48 pm 

Cigarillos like Rumpole said are used for rolling blunts. I don't know why one would not just buy/steal rolling papers but maybe they are kept under lock and key?

That said I'm not convinced that Mike Brown was not in the beginning stages of a psychotic break caused by schizophrenia. His noticing a demon and angel in the sky/clouds his recent interest in religion and his extremely erratic and violent behavior on August 9th could have been indicators of the onset some psychosis. His age would be spot on for the first signs of schizophrenia so could be his behavior. Religious idealization and hallucinations are one of the most common manifestations of schizophrenia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 pm 
ADMIN

There are LOTS reasons ppl prefer blunts to rolling papers... but you'll have to google :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm 
ADMIN

Officials investigating claimed Michael Brown grand jury leak
By Robert Patrick

CLAYTON • St. Louis County prosecutors are investigating a social media post that claimed to have inside information from the grand jury investigating the Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown.

“I know someone sitting on the grand jury of this case There isn’t enough at this point to warrant an arrest,” a person using the Twitter handle @thesusannichols claimed at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday during a conversation about the case.

“This is in the realm of rumor and speculation,” cautioned Peter Joy, director of the Washington University School of Law’s Criminal Justice Clinic, when asked about the tweet. “If I were a betting person, I would assume that this is just some person who made up something out of thin air.”

...more at link
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 0aba8.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm 

Rumpole wrote:
There are LOTS reasons ppl prefer blunts to rolling papers... but you'll have to google :)

Wait "blunts" are joints so do you mean cigarillos to rolling papers (or maybe I am just confused). I'm always happy to expand my world of knowledge so I'll do some looking :)

Ok I have educated myself :87 Learned something new today, whenever I read "blunt" I just thought it was the hip term for joint :smoke

Last edited by Carmelita on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm 

“I know someone sitting on the grand jury of this case There isn’t enough at this point to warrant an arrest,” a person using the Twitter handle @thesusannichols claimed at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday during a conversation about the case.

I wonder if this person is a "verified" someone, who knows someone on the GJ :98 I am sure that there are folks running with the insider information as gospel. I'm still under the belief that there will be no indictment, (I don't think that there should be from the evidence we are privy to). Whether political pressure and/or community pressure will influence the GJ is yet to be seen.

If there is a leak in the GJ (I think it is more likely a self promoting internet freak) and they have to seat a new jury it could work out well, as I believe the more inclimate the weather, the less foolhardily will take place when it is announced.

Don't indict, just because he's white :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 pm 
ADMIN

Carmelita wrote:
Wait "blunts" are joints so do you mean cigarillos to rolling papers (or maybe I am just confused). I'm always happy to expand my world of knowledge so I'll do some looking :)

Ok I have educated myself :87 Learned something new today, whenever I read "blunt" I just thought it was the hip term for joint :smoke

Joint

Cigarette

Pipe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 pm 

Color me educated :77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm 
ADMIN

Could McCulloch Delay Grand Jury Announcement To Help Stenger?
By Jason Rosenbaum

St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch was helping Councilman Steve Stenger in his bid for county executive from literally the moment he started running.

McCulloch was the introductory speaker at the Affton Democrat’s campaign kickoff last year. He's contributed close to $100,000 in in-kind contributions to Stenger's campaign. And he's appeared in ads attacking incumbent St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley and praising Stenger’s promise to “clean up” St. Louis County.

McCulloch’s gravitas gave Stenger a significant leg up in winning August’s primary. But since Michael Brown’s shooting death, several political figures – including Dooley and state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, D-University City – are speculating that McCulloch may help Stenger again, this time in his race against Republican Rick Stream.

The two voiced concerns about whether the announcement of the grand jury's decision on whether to indict Officer Darren Wilson may be strategically timed to assist Stenger. Dooley said on Tuesday he has “no confidence in Mr. McCulloch’s judgment period.” And Chappelle-Nadal wondered aloud about a determination being made “by the grand jury prior to the election and Bob McCulloch or whoever else decides not to release this information until after the election.”

...more at link
http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/cou ... F4.twitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:56 pm 
ADMIN

Woman Whose Ferguson Tweet Led to Investigation Claims She Was Hacked
by Josh Feldman | 4:46 pm, October 2nd, 2014

The grand jury deciding charges in the Michael Brown shooting is being investigated over a tweet one woman sent claiming to have information from a juror friend. Here’s the tweet, captured in a screengrab:

But CNN reached out to the woman in question, and she says she hasn’t used her account in months, so it was most likely hacked:
Quote:
“I didn’t care for it because I just don’t get the whole Twitter thing,” she said, adding that someone had hacked her account and posted spam in the past…

“It had to have been hacked,” she said of her account. “I promise you I did not do any of this.”

Prosecutors are currently determining if there was any misconduct on the part of any of the jurors, based on that tweet.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/woman-wh ... as-hacked/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 pm 
ADMIN

Ferguson Business Owner Calls Nighttime Protests ‘Terrorist Acts’
October 1, 2014 10:34 AM

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Ferguson business owner is calling the protestors who descend on his city at night “terrorists” and says Homeland Security should be called in.

The anonymous caller to the Charlie Brennan show, who KMOX confirmed is a Ferguson small business owner, says the daytime protestors are fine, but that changes when the outsiders, including elected officials from outside Ferguson, arrive after dark.

“The unpeaceful protesters come out at night, trying to harm or burn our businesses down or stop the businesses,” the caller said. “And it’s time that our government called this what it is, and this is a terrorist act.”

The business owner says a lot of windows have been broken, fires have been set and trash is left behind.

His business is down up to 40 percent, he said, but the protestors are wasting their time.

“There’s no amount of pressure they can put on us that we’re going to try to influence our government,” regarding the Michael Brown case, the caller said.

..more at link

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/01/ ... fI.twitter

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 52  Next