It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:34 am 
ADMIN

Kick off.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:43 am 
ADMIN

Stephanie Findlay@SJFindlay
"This application will be treated on its own merits," said Judge Masipa, clarifying the law surrounding an appeal #Pistorius

"The view of the parents of the deceased..are irrelevant," said Judge Masipa about the Steenkamps #Pistorius

Pistorius's father Henke has his head tilted to the side as he strains to hear Masipa deliver her judgement on whether to grant the appeal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:46 am 
ADMIN

Stephanie Findlay@SJFindlay
"The application therefore in respect of count one is decided in favour of the applicant," says Judge Masipa, handing state a victory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am 

And so it goes....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:46 am 

I really thought they would not be granted the appeal but Nel probably would have kept going. He's relentless. Unbelievable.

Oscar lost it they say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ittal.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:33 pm 

Looks like someone needs to call the Wahhmbulance for this book reviewer. Facts are so hard to swallow for the Oscar haters.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/boo ... 2rmki.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:58 am 
ADMIN

Oscar Pistorius Loses Honorary Degree; South Africa Decides Not to Charge His Brother in Collision
By Isaiah Narciso Feb 02, 2015 07:51 PM EST

A Scottish institution on Monday has announced that it plans to strip jailed Paralympian Oscar Pistorius of his honorary degree.

The degree, which came from Strathclyde University in 2012, was taken away from him after he was convicted of culpable homicide over the killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. According to Agence France-Presse, he was sentenced to five years in jail by a South African court last October.

"We have revoked the honorary degree awarded to Oscar Pistorius following his conviction for culpable homicide," a university spokesman said.

...more at link
http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/54 ... lision.htm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 am 
ADMIN

EXCLUSIVE - Oscar Pistorius's luxury prison upgrade: Killer given privileges to hug visitors and wear jewellery because 'he doesn't pose a threat'

• Prison chiefs have upgraded his status from category B to category A
  • New privileges also include making more phone calls and having a hobby
  • Allowance to buy chocolate, drinks and toiletries has risen from £6 to £9
  • Source told MailOnline: 'This has boosted him a lot. He has been very low'
  • Pistorius has served four months of 5-year 'culpable homicide' sentence

By Jane Flanagan for MailOnline
Published: 07:41 GMT, 16 February 2015 | Updated: 10:03 GMT, 16 February 2015

Oscar Pistorius is now able to hug and kiss his visitors, own a radio and wear jewellery in a raft of new privileges behind bars, MailOnline has learned.

The convicted killer will also be free to make more phone calls, take up a hobby and have a bigger budget to buy toiletries and treats after a decision by jail chiefs to re-categorise his prisoner status.

News that Pistorius has been upgraded to category A status from category B comes two years after he shot dead Reeva Steenkamp at his home on Valentine's Day.
[.....]
Pistorius could be freed from prison as early as July and allowed to serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest.

However, prosecutors are appealing his conviction for culpable homicide as well as his five-year jail term.

Pistorius is expected to fight any decision to convict him of murder or lengthen his prison sentence, despite the fact he ran out of money to pay the team who defended him at his lengthy murder trial.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3RzQNWci6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 am 
ADMIN

I am surprised that I didn't hear all the Splodey heads at True Gossip forums? :lol

:Q37 :Q37

The Daily Mail is a biased rag.. but they do get the stories and pics.... they clearly don't like Oscar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:23 am 

I am surprised that I didn't hear all the Splodey heads at True Gossip forums?

:Gslap :lol :Gslap :lol

Don't you do it Rumpole don't you entice me to go back and look at that hate bin. I'm sure their reaction is over the moon entertaining. I wonder if Oscar can receive mail, maybe I will send him a chocolate :heart .

:69

Really as you know I have no particular fondness for Oscar, but I don't hate him either, I think he has his demons but I don't think for a minute he knew it was Reeva behind that door on that horrid night.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm 
ADMIN

I agree Carm. No great love of Oscar. I could never get that simple point across down in Daftsville.

With all these case I dont know the ppl. I follow the facts, evidence, judicial process.

I DO HATE (cyber hate) Nel... he is a nasty dangerous man. An arrogant bully with no ethical underpinning.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:19 pm 

I agree that Nel was blinded by his hatred of Oscar and let it get the better of him. Nel was so convinced of is own reality he simply disregarded facts that didn't fit his scenario.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:28 pm 
ADMIN

Yes. So Nel was perfect as hero for Nelbots. They think the same.. about every case.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:32 pm 

Yes they are all on the band wagon and all playing the tuba. And they are very threatened by the presence of a flute :98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:18 pm 
ADMIN

Barry Roux@Barry_Roux
#OscarPistorius have scored more goals in prison that Di Maria and Falcou combined.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:01 am 
ADMIN

Reeva Steenkamp's mother says prosecutors' bid to get a harsher sentence for Oscar Pistorius 'doesn't matter' as she launches domestic violence foundation

• Prosecutors were allowed to appeal Pistorius' verdict for 'negligent killing'
  • His deceased girlfriend's mother doesn't care if he gets murder conviction
  • But June Steenkamp knew nothing about her killer's 'guns and way of life'
  • She does not want 'revenge' on Pistorius for killing Reeva in February 2013
  • Launching foundation in her daughter's name to stop domestic violence

By Jay Akbar For Mailonline
Published: 17:01 GMT, 10 March 2015 | Updated: 07:48 GMT, 11 March 2015

Reeva Steenkamp's mother says she does not care if an upcoming appeal leads to a harsher sentence for Oscar Pistorius, the South African athlete who killed her.

He was convicted of 'negligent killing' in September 2014 which carries a maximum five-year prison sentence - but prosecutors believe he should be charged with the more serious crime of murder.

The Olympian's lawyers will this week challenge the judge's decision to allow prosecutors to appeal his conviction for killing Reeva at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day in 2013.

His deceased girlfriend's mother June is not seeking revenge against the disabled athlete but says she knew nothing 'about Oscar's guns and his way of life' and criticised her daughter's portrayal during the case.
[.....]
Legal experts said it was unlikely that Pistorius would now be released on house arrest after serving just ten months of his sentence as he had previously hoped.

His former girlfriend's mother has now urged women to speak out about their own abuse - telling the audience at the University of Johannesburg: 'Teach your daughters to have the confidence to come forward.

Her foundation will do the work her daughter would have done if she had still been alive, said Mrs Steenkamp.

She revealed that her daughter had been 'preoccupied' with the unacceptable numbers of rape and murders reported in her native South Africa.

It was reported earlier this month that Oscar Pistorius is so paranoid about being poisoned in prison that he is reportedly surviving on tinned food from the tuck shop.

The Paralympic star, who was jailed four months ago for killing his girlfriend has lost so much weight that his prosthetic limbs no longer fit him, according to South Africa's You Magazine.

....more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ppeal.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 pm 

Maybe that will give June some purpose of being.

I wish June did not have to live with thinking Reeva died in mortal fear of the man she loved, I wish June did not have the picture of Oscar in her mind as a raging lunatic hunting her daughter down, I don't think it happened that way and I think Nel is a horrid person for twisting the facts and making June live with that image.

Reeva died a horrific death but I still don;t for a minute buy that Oscar meant to kill her or killed her in a rage, the evidence points to a terrible accident. Shame on Nel for putting his theory above the evidence.

Nel would do well to remember the words of Friedrich Nietzsche "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

My opinion is that Nel has stared too long into the abyss.

Not defending Oscar's response to a noise in the night I just don't think he is a maniacal murderer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 pm 
ADMIN

Agree whole-heatedly, Carm :give

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 pm 
ADMIN

Oscar Pistorius 'to coach children' and could leave prison as early as August... as it is revealed killer has rejected movie deals

• Oscar Pistorius was jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
  • Under South African law he's eligible for parole after serving 10 months
  • Lawyer says Paralympic athlete wants to work with children once he's out
  • But he could still be convicted of murder after his lawyers failed to prevent prosecutors appealing his conviction for culpable homicide

By Keiligh Baker for MailOnline
Published: 00:57 GMT, 10 May 2015 | Updated: 05:06 GMT, 10 May 2015

Oscar Pistorius is hoping to get out of jail as early as August - and wants parole terms which will allow him to work with disadvantaged children once he is out.

The South African athlete, 28, is currently serving a five-year prison sentence for culpable homicide after admitting fatally shooting his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp four times through a bathroom door on Valentine's Day 2013.

But despite only being sentenced in October last year, under South African law he becomes eligible for parole after serving just 10 months - which means he could be out as early as August.

Now a lawyer for the former Paralympic champion says he wants to work with disadvantaged youngsters in an attempt to get his life back on track.

The athlete's solicitor, Rohan Kruger, said: 'He is managing in jail. He's isolated but hanging in there and praying to keep up his strength.

...more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ugust.html

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:52 am 
ADMIN

Oscar Pistorius Update: Amputee athlete starts sports clinic this August? Steenkamp’s family disheartened with possible early release
May 27 2015
by Staff Writer

Oscar Pistorius was being looked up to by a lot of people, most especially those who are engaged in sports. His being an amputee didn't stop him from running. However, his name became even more famous, in a not so good way, when in 2013, he killed his then girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. Now, the famous athlete is serving his sentence inside the prison. However, he might be conditionally released 2 months from now.

But what is the reaction of Steenkamp's family? Of course, they are obviously disappointed with this news. They feel that it is too soon for Pistorius to experience the outside world once again. Their point is that Reeva's life isn't worth just 10 months. If you must know, if Pistorius would be released by August, he only served less than a year inside prison.

Meanwhile, the amputee athlete has some plans if will be granted to leave the cold bars. He hopes to be able to contribute to the society by helping out and reaching out to the younger generation. Perhaps, he is going to conduct sports clinic. After all, a great athlete like him can influence kids to engage themselves in sports regardless if they are able, or are facing some physical challenges.

...more at link
http://www.vcpost.com/articles/70268/20 ... elease.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 58  Next