It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:20 pm 
ADMIN

"Wouldn't have happened if... Ronald Regan were President!" (To paraphrase Roger Waters song)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:15 am 

Rumpole wrote:
The details in regards McBride are largely irrelevant. It really matters not that her previous "bad acts" (including another car crash into a home) are presented, nor even details of her character and "attitude" etc. It does not even matter what the details are of her alc binging and doping that night. It really does not matter WHERE she went for 3 and a half hours. The fact is that she presented at Wafer's home at 4:30am as a loud, belligerent and dangerous threat to his home and his very life.

Agree with you to a point, but this background info does help to corroborate Wafer's account and helps to dispel the 'damsel in distress' narrative.

(* ps ... I saw what you did there with the cigarette smoking man :D )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:37 am 
ADMIN

Yes. I guess I should have said it Shouldn't matter, but Juries are swayed by emotion to some extent and so there is an element of "selling the narrative" required (from both sides)

(*As well as smileys shown here you can post any you like elsewhere as you would any pic. I have a few and Mal (Maltese Mama) has may thousands.. I have lost count)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 pm 

Watched that tape with the parents from last year and the lawyer said the door was locked and he was safe and should have called 911. It is all sad. I wonder how fast the police response typically is in D. Hts. and a door can be kicked or blasted open in a few seconds. So not necessarily safe and what if there is a weapon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:32 pm 
ADMIN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:34 pm 
ADMIN

From the article.....

Quote:
"Her first car, she tore it up, and her daddy got her a new one. Anything she wanted, she got. And her second car, she tore that up too. And I think she did another one," said Byrd, who wore a T-shirt emblazoned with "R.I.P. Cuzen."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:14 am 

Kind of interesting take on how black women are perceived but not so sure I buy into it regardless of their studies. Maybe they should live in Chicago for awhile and see what's what. But of course I'm biased and I react unreasonably to anything from the Huffington. Hahaa

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/2 ... 1&ir=Crime

How Race, Gender And Fatigue Have Affected The Coverage Of Renisha McBride's Death

HuffPost Live | By Rahel Gebreyes
Posted: 07/24/2014 2:30 pm EDT Updated: 07/24/2014 2:59 pm ED

EXCERPT (worth a read)

F atigue aside, there may be another reason that could explain why McBride’s story hasn’t had the same impression that Martin's did.

“While there is a historical narrative that shows black men have faced violence from their white counterparts, we don’t often acknowledge that “black women have these violent encounters with white folks too,” Cooper said. “I don’t know that we know how to think about, fully, what happens when the kind of violence that we’d usually think would happen to a black man, then happens to black women.”

But the question of gender in McBride’s situation runs even deeper.

“Studies show that black women are frequently misperceived as black men or are often thought to be masculine and stronger than they actually are physically, Cooper said. “So there’s all kinds of stuff here going on about the misperceptions of femininity.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 am 

packy wrote:
Watched that tape with the parents from last year and the lawyer said the door was locked and he was safe and should have called 911. It is all sad. I wonder how fast the police response typically is in D. Hts. and a door can be kicked or blasted open in a few seconds. So not necessarily safe and what if there is a weapon.

IMO

I have read this before, and I have asked myself , "why would he open the door?". I can understand (subjectively) under extreme circumstances why Wafer opened the door. This is just speculation but maybe he wanted to make sure of what was happening on his porch, at his door, and was going to peek out, when he opened the door he was greeted by a belligerent drunk who had already damaged or broken his screen, and he fired his gun, assuming the person was trying to get in, (which it surely sounds like she was). This is a guy woken up at 4:30 AM he is searching for his cell phone, trying to make sense of pounding noises on his doors, he believes he sees multiple people on his property, he is afraid, he armed and he is in the fog of being startled awake, not exactly when one would be expected to think and act completely rationally.

Plus does anyone really think it would be any better for Wafer to have shot through the closed door (in the eyes of the MSM and their ignorant minions) if he believed that an intruder was going to get into his house? From my understanding he couldn't find his phone, so help was not on the way, he was alone and he assumed quite logically that his home was going to be invaded, he didn't know if there were multiple intruders trying to get into his home, and whoever was trying to get into his home through this particular door was doing so quite brazenly. His option was to wait and see if this particular intruder made it into his house, assess whether or not they were a danger once they were in, all the while being leery that there may be other people trying to break in, yet he knows that he has not yet called the police so he may be facing multiple threats on his own. All under the haze of being awoken by pounding on multiple doors in his home and the very real fear that someone is trying to invade his home.

This was a tragedy but Reshina was the author. Wafer has to live with the memories of that night, the image of Reshina, the smell of her blood, Wafer is a victim of Reshina, just as someone Reshina could have injured if she hit them while driving drunk. She was a danger driving drunk, and she was a danger walking drunk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:20 pm 
ADMIN

Photos Wafer House 07-26-14 - idabwellsinstitute

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:07 pm 
ADMIN

The Trial File - McBride Route

(I posted an interactive map in Reference thread)
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=1109&p=79489#p79489

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 am 

:51 present and accounted for :98

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am 

my theory ;) is RM thought was her home, and iirc RM mom was upset at her for not doing dishes before she took off in car. So possible RM again thinking this was her house, that maybe her mom had locked her out. I doubt it was very quite at the time she was doing all the banging. Prob had a few choice words to say/yell to whomever wouldn't open the door. JMHO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:28 am 

Good Morning everyone. What will today bring in the Wafer case?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 am 
ADMIN

Hi all :28

I'll update as I can the Trial thread...
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=1289&p=79497#p79497

Also pop back here and twitter to discuss when I can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 am 

Dang, she was quite a ways from Bynes home Faust and West warren. looking at Rumpoles map ;) DAMN I MISS LIVE STREAM!!! :22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am 
ADMIN

Witness Davonta Bynes testified that RM was on way to his house (party) but never made it

H/T renewsit for address... 6606 Marten Knoll, W Bloomfield, MI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am 

:stamp Good Morning everyone. Good question Nettles. The hostility and anger of the Renisha supporters seems to be intensifying.....on the one hand I feel badly that Renisha lost her life & her family has to suffer thru this loss and on the other hand I can completely understand how Wafer responded and don't believe he should be charged. Are there any court dockets that list the witnesses today? I assume that this trial will not be live streamed; that's a shame. :stamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 am 

"Two or three minutes before the gunshot, Murad testified, he didn't hear anything." heh, I have an idea where this might be going...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 am 
ADMIN

Hi KB....
The trial WAS streamed but Judge had a hissy fit when a flash of a juror appeared on the vid. early day one.

A mistake, and judge is correct to be annoyed, but not the end of the world. Jurors are seen by all in court anyway.

I think she is grossly over-reacting by banning live stream ( even audio). It does not auger well for her clear headed decision making on legal matters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:59 am 
ADMIN

Mimi

I am updating trial in trial thread.. pasting tweets etc

Post your own comments here

ETA
:fish Mimi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next